No announcement yet.

Favorite Oahu, Hawaii Resort?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now all I need is the 7th month mark for DVC Ko Olina.
    Getting soooooooooo excited!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by chriskre View Post
      Now all I need is the 7th month mark for DVC Ko Olina.
      Getting soooooooooo excited!!!!!!!
      Is that in addition to the Lagoon?

I am thinking I will stay in Honolulu (at The Lagoon) and do 1-2 night stay at the Marriottt KoOlina by renting destination club points.
      Pat
      *** My Website ***

Comment

Wow, 51 TPUs? My last Oct exchange was 33 for 2BR...
        Nevertheless, it's s tough exchange and I am happy for you!

Comment

Originally posted by GrayFal View Post
          Is that in addition to the Lagoon?

I am thinking I will stay in Honolulu (at The Lagoon) and do 1-2 night stay at the Marriottt KoOlina by renting destination club points.
          Yes in addition to Lagoon.
          You don't think I'm going all that way and not visiting Mickey now, do ya?

Originally posted by LisaH View Post
          Wow, 51 TPUs? My last Oct exchange was 33 for 2BR...
          Nevertheless, it's s tough exchange and I am happy for you!
          I know 51 TPU's.
          I just checked the club website and it's actually only 5000 HGVC points for this stay.
          Not a bad deal thru the club if you can get the room that is. :roll eyes:

That's all my biennial points which is actually less $ than booking thru RCI, but the
          unit isn't available to club members until later and the 2 bedrooms will probably not
          be available when I go to book. I don't want to take any chances

Crazy that RCI has these units before us club peeps but what can you do.
          Can't beat them then exploit them.

Comment

If I were to put in a long term search with II for Aug 2017 for a 2BR at the Marriottt KoOlina . . .
            Is there a good chance for a match, or is this a tough trade to get?
            When might I expect that to match - what month?
            I'm asking because I want to do two weeks before or after on Big Island and would have to book this first.

Comment

Do you own a marriott platinum 2 BR unit to trade with? If not, this would be a highly unlikely trade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Pat
              *** My Website ***

Comment

Thanks Pat

That's the reality I'm looking to understand. We do not own any Marriott any more.
                Is there anything we might realistically be able to get on Oahu through SFX, II or RCI?
                Particularly in a timeframe to then get two back-to-back HGVC units at the same resort on big island via RCI.
                If the answer is no, then we have to go to Kauai or Maui for the 3rd week.

Comment

Does the HGVC show up in RCI trades?

Comment

Originally posted by DavidnJudy View Post
                    Does the HGVC show up in RCI trades?
                    Yes but it goes quickly.
                    I got one with an ongoing search.
                    Heading there next month to Lagoon Tower.
                    It was a well seasoned search that I had running for DVC but then DVC
                    changed what they deposited to RCI so I changed the resort to Lagoon tower and got it.

Comment

Is there anything we might realistically be able to get on Oahu through SFX, II or RCI?
                      Particularly in a timeframe to then get two back-to-back HGVC units at the same resort on big island via RCI.
                      I did exactly this, with both units via RCI. I matched a 3BR Lagoon Penthouse in an ongoing search for a stay this June/July, and picked up a Kings Land 2BR for the first full week of July the same way. I think I confirmed them both a little over a year ago. You need serious TPU for Oahu (low to mid 50s) but the Big Island was low 30s. A spendy trip, but my daughter graduates from high school this year, so this is likely to be our last "family vacation" as a foursome.

Comment

Originally posted by bnoble View Post
                        I did exactly this, with both units via RCI. I matched a 3BR Lagoon Penthouse in an ongoing search for a stay this June/July, and picked up a Kings Land 2BR for the first full week of July the same way. I think I confirmed them both a little over a year ago. You need serious TPU for Oahu (low to mid 50s) but the Big Island was low 30s. A spendy trip, but my daughter graduates from high school this year, so this is likely to be our last "family vacation" as a foursome.
                        Thanks to bnoble's good luck both chriskre and I ended up with great trades.

Thanks Brian!

After he posted his luck to Lagoon Towers I placed a request and hit a late January 2017 unit. So now most of them are gone BUT HGVC seems to do bulk deposits in March 2016 for all of 2017.

So if you are looking for anything in 2018, put your request in now for ANY HGVC resort.
                        Pat
                        *** My Website ***

Comment

Working...
                        X