Williamsburg: See, Do, Watch, Eat...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Williamsburg: See, Do, Watch, Eat...

Ok so there doesn't look like there has been a thread about what peoples favorite things to do, see and eat in williamsburg for awhile, and lets face it, with the abudance of TS's there, everyones had to stay there atleast once....and i'm going to be there from April 17-22nd in Governers Green...

So i figured i'd start one going again...

Soo...What are you favorite things to do while staying in Williamsburg? Where are great places to eat? Any secret spots off the beaten path, you'd love to tell your TS4MS family about?

My favorite eateries are the Chinese restaurant in the Kmart plaza (Peking ?) next to FF Kingsgate. Also near there is Golden Corral buffet- best buffet I've ever been to. The restaurants in the Colonial Area are also great, but a little more expensive. Other than Colonial Williamsburg and Busch Gardens there are the plantations. Then there is Jamestown, Virginia Beach and Norfolk or even a day trip over the Chessie bridge and tunnel to the Del Mar. Kings Dominion and Washington are a couple of other options.

Comment

The Golden corral buffet is great. The restaurants in colonial williamsburg are pretty good as well. There are historical sites all around the area.

Comment

Last year, we ate at a place in the shopping area of Colonial Willimsburg, called the Trellis. It was a little pricey, but the food was REALLY good - probably the best we've had in the area. And it's air conditioned! Here's a link to the restaurant's site:
        http://www.thetrellis.com/
        We've eaten at all the taverns at one time or another. However, last year, we were extremely disappointed. Not sure which one it was, maybe the Kings Arms, but the food was only so-so. The service was extremely slow, it was very dark (our table was in the basement) and it was very noisy. We've done the taverns for the experience and will probably never go back to them. There are too many other places to eat.

Comment

I've heard people mention a Cheese shop or something like that for lunch? is that place worth it?

Found this link...
          Restaurant Listings in Williamsburg at Frommer's

Comment

The Cheese Shop is right across the street from a main foot entrance to Colonial Williamsburg, and they do have very good sandwiches, but it's always mobbed. They have outdoor seating; not sure if there's anywhere to sit inside. All counter service as far as I remember--you get your sandwich and you pay and you take it off to eat it somewhere.

Comment

Any good sushi or Fish markets in Williamsburg? I've got a couple people i'm going with asking me

Comment

Originally posted by wackymother View Post
                The Cheese Shop is right across the street from a main foot entrance to Colonial Williamsburg, and they do have very good sandwiches, but it's always mobbed. They have outdoor seating; not sure if there's anywhere to sit inside. All counter service as far as I remember--you get your sandwich and you pay and you take it off to eat it somewhere.
                My Review - Cheese Shop

Amazing that I had never been before but I think being in the tourist area probably kept me away all those years!
                Yvonne

My Travel Journals

Comment

Originally posted by wackymother View Post
                  I agree. Sometimes it's so crowded in there that you can barely get in the door. The food is good, but unless you are willing to eat off hours (even then it's crowded) I would avoid this place.

Comment

Leaving in 3 days for Governors Green...Any final suggestions before i go?

Comment

Have fun!!!!! WB is one of my favorite vacation spots. Hope you have nice weather.
                      BTW - if you get into commercial area, and you like peanuts, check out the peanut shop. They have an amazing variety of flavors, and you can sample most of them. I spend way too much money when I go there!

Comment

Originally posted by Ridewithme38 View Post
                        ...Any final suggestions before i go?
                        Check into Blue Heron Restaurant off Route 5 in Charles City County.

We have reservations 4:30 on Sunday.
                        Robert

Comment

For a nice evening meal with my better half we enjoy The Kings Arms in the Historic Area. For the family there is a great place for breakfast named Mama Steveś House of Pancakes. Google them for directions.

Comment

Originally posted by never2late
                            For a nice evening meal with my better half we enjoy The Kings Arms in the Historic Area. For the family there is a great place for breakfast named Mama Steveś House of Pancakes. Google them for directions.
                            Mama Steves has gotten very mixed reviews from what i can tell...did you like it? The Historic area i've been having ALOT of trouble getting my daughter and her mother to go to

Comment

Food for Thought on Richmond Road, great food.
                              Colin

Comment

Working...
                              X