No announcement yet.

Williamsburg: See, Do, Watch, Eat...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bumping this thread...I'm going to Williamsburg on the 26th...

Any new suggestions?

Comment

You never told us how the original suggestions worked out.
      "A man that doesn't spend time with his family, can never be a real man" The Godfather

Comment

Yes and how was Governors Green ?

Comment

Originally posted by tonyg View Post
          Yes and how was Governors Green ?
          I liked Governors Green, its one of the nicer places i've stayed in...But to be fair, i've only ever stayed in Patriots Place, Governors Green, The Suites at Hershey(not as nice as i expected), Woodstone at Massanutten(my favorite so far) & Ski Side Village(a dump)...so i'm not the best person to judge

The rooms are big and clean at Governors Green, just like Woodstone...Which is a big plus, the problem i ran into is....It's sleepy as hell, there really is nothing going on on the resort, thats where massanutten has it beat...

Off topic a bit: This trip is going to be a challenge...I'm going with me, my daughter, her mother, her mothers Boyfriend, Her mothers sister and her mothers sisters girlfriend....The first stop is the supermarket for LOTS of alcohol

Comment

I'm trying to follow......your daughter's mother. I can assume your ex or at least a person you shared some good times with? If so...holy crap!

I'm not going to remember the name. But, inside the outlet mall there is a section of stores that contains a grocery store, rite aid, pettridge farm outlet, cigarette- outlet and 2 restaurants. It is across from a bowling alley. Anyway...the restaurants are a hibachi bar and a seafood/steak place. The hibachi bar was ok....but the seafood place was very good. 2 hour wait the night we got there - so we ordered take out.

Comment

Hopefully you have the 3 bedroom (or bigger). I liked Governors Green but my husband preferred Kingsgate because he likes to drink but doesn't like to have more than a beer or two in front of the family and prefers not to have to drive to drink beer while on vacation. I think there is a Hooters not to far from Governors Green but not within walking distance.

Comment

Sounds like Richmond road if the grocery store was a food lion. There also is a decent Mexican restaurant in one of the outlet centers on Richmond Road or maybe I was just impressed that they had Sol beer.
                Originally posted by mdurette View Post
                I'm trying to follow......your daughter's mother. I can assume your ex or at least a person you shared some good times with? If so...holy crap!

I'm not going to remember the name. But, inside the outlet mall there is a section of stores that contains a grocery store, rite aid, pettridge farm outlet, cigarette- outlet and 2 restaurants. It is across from a bowling alley. Anyway...the restaurants are a hibachi bar and a seafood/steak place. The hibachi bar was ok....but the seafood place was very good. 2 hour wait the night we got there - so we ordered take out.

Comment

Originally posted by SallyHoover View Post
                  Hopefully you have the 3 bedroom (or bigger). I liked Governors Green but my husband preferred Kingsgate because he likes to drink but doesn't like to have more than a beer or two in front of the family and prefers not to have to drive to drink beer while on vacation. I think there is a Hooters not to far from Governors Green but not within walking distance.
                  Yup we got a 3br...i requested a ground level room in the building close to the pool, in case i need to get out of there quick...Atleast i can sit at the pool with a beer...

I've never stayed at Kingsgate, but have visited a few times with my daughter for the activites...the Pool side bar and little restaurant are really nice! I'd prefer to stay there too, i just couldn't find a 3br available over this summer

Comment

Don't feel bad about not getting Kingsgate. It's OK, but not great and while I might stay there again, there are others that are better.

Comment

Working...
                    X