Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Check in to Ski Side Village on 7/14, Any suggestions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Check in to Ski Side Village on 7/14, Any suggestions?

I need some advice, while i've spent a lot of time in the pocono's, most of it was spent building camp fires and getting passout drunk at a friends 'cabin'(actually a broken down trailer in a 4 seasons campground)...So i don't really know about 'family' activities

I'm going to be staying at 'Ski Side Village' July 14th-21st and have bought 'Season passes' to Camelbeach and know about Claws & Paws...But i'm not sure what else there is to do with a 6yr old...I'm pretty sure the gun range 'sunset hill' is out of the question...And i'm not a big shopper, so i don't think we'll do the outlets...

Any suggestions from the PA crowd?

there is a crayola crayon in te area that you can spend a full day at. Go carts also near by. I foret where but a huge farm with mazes.Jim Thorpe another full day but best day trip start out early goes to Knobels www.knoebels.com
    bigfrank
    Administrator
    Last edited by bigfrank; 07-11-2012, 12:30 PM. Reason: added link
    Timeshareforums Shirts and Mugs on sale now! http://www.cafepress.com/ts4ms

Comment

Dorney Park in Allentown used to have a big kiddie section. You can spend a whole day there.
      Jacki

Comment

We used to go 'white water rafting' out of Jim Thorpe. In the summer it's more like 'calm water paddling' except for a couple of small rapids sections.

Comment

Knoebels is the best ever! But it's a long haul from the eastern side of the Poconos. How about the fabulous Land of Make Believe? Your daughter is just the right age. You just have to go back across the Water Gap into NJ.

http://www.lomb.com/

Comment

Thanks guys! I'm going to look into Jim Thorpe(thats a town?) and Land of Make Believe....

Any suggestions on restaurants, its just going to be my daughter and I, so nothing fancy...But i usually try to aim for atleast 1-2 steps up from drive thru

Comment

Barley Creek which you will pass every day is one of my Favs is the area. Since you are going to Jim Thorpe be sure to go to the Old Jail. BTW IMO Knoebels is the best thing there. OLD Fashion amusement park with rides costing as little as a dime not to mention the food there that you do not see any place else.

Comment

Check this list of fairs and festivals

http://www.countyfairgrounds.net/pen...A&S1=1&S2=&p=3

Comment

Great link, CTScribe! I bookmarked it.

Comment

Originally posted by bigfrank View Post
                    BTW IMO Knoebels is the best thing there. OLD Fashion amusement park with rides costing as little as a dime not to mention the food there that you do not see any place else.
                    Interesting, when i first looked at it i thought "Adventureland with better food" but now looking a little deeper, it does look like something we may check out...the prices are really good

Comment

Just checked into ski side. Interesting place.

sent from the bathroom using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Yah, I don't think I'm vacationing in the poconos anymore. I got a flat tire the first night. That's a bad omen.

Comment

This is a long shot but open up the cabinets and lat me know if you see a TS4ms sticker and when you throw out the garbage by the dump look there to someone put our stickers up there a few years ago. I have no memory of who did it OK I know

Comment

Originally posted by bigfrank View Post
                            This is a long shot but open up the cabinets and lat me know if you see a TS4ms sticker and when you throw out the garbage by the dump look there to someone put our stickers up there a few years ago. I have no memory of who did it OK I know
                            They set me up in the unit attached to the office, I guess they thought is be trouble
                            These rooms are oddly designed, we won't end up using the bottom floor at all

Comment

Working...
                            X