Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

and now... WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY in effect until Thursday, Nov 8, 6:00am.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• and now... WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY in effect until Thursday, Nov 8, 6:00am.

as if Sandy were not enough, I find myself filling 5 gallon buckets of water, checking batteries for flashlight and radio and candle stock. I'm hoping that all the trees that were going to come down fell last week.

Listened to NJ Gov say he is waiting on locusts and pestilence. A tongue in cheek reference to how much this area has gone through in the last 9 days.

WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY
    in effect until Thursday, Nov 8, 6:00am.

...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IN EFFECT UNTIL 6 AM EST THURSDAY...

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN UPTON HAS ISSUED A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY FOR SNOW...WHICH IS IN EFFECT UNTIL 6 AM EST THURSDAY.

* LOCATIONS...EASTERN PASSAIC...WESTERN BERGEN...WESTERN ESSEX...WESTERN UNION...ROCKLAND... AND NORTHERN WESTCHESTER COUNTIES.

* HAZARD TYPES...SNOW.

* ACCUMULATIONS...SNOW ACCUMULATION OF 2 TO 5 INCHES. LOCALLY HIGHER AMOUNTS POSSIBLE AT ELEVATIONS ABOVE 800 FEET.

* WINDS...NORTH 15 TO 25 MPH WITH GUSTS UP TO 50 MPH.

* VISIBILITIES...ONE QUARTER TO ONE HALF MILE AT TIMES.

* TEMPERATURES...IN THE MID 30S.

* TIMING...THE HEAVIEST SNOW WILL OCCUR THIS AFTERNOON AND EVENING.

* IMPACTS...A COMBINATION OF SNOW...GUSTY WINDS...AND TEMPERATURES AROUND FREEZING COULD MAKE TRAVEL DIFFICULT AT TIMES...ESPECIALLY IN HIGHER ELEVATIONS. THIS COMBINATION ALSO COULD BRING DOWN TREES AND POWER LINES.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY MEANS THAT PERIODS OF SNOW...SLEET...OR FREEZING RAIN WILL CAUSE TRAVEL DIFFICULTIES. BE PREPARED FOR SLIPPERY ROADS AND LIMITED VISIBILITIES...AND USE CAUTION WHILE DRIVING.

&& JMC/MALOIT
    WIND ADVISORY
    in effect until Thursday, Nov 8, 4:00am.

...WIND ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 1 PM THIS AFTERNOON TO 4 AM EST THURSDAY...

* LOCATIONS...INTERIOR PORTIONS OF THE LOWER HUDSON VALLEY... SOUTHERN CONNECTICUT...AND MOST OF NORTHEASTERN NEW JERSEY.

* HAZARDS...DAMAGING WINDS.

* WINDS...NORTH 15 TO 25 MPH WITH GUSTS UP TO 50 MPH.

* TIMING...THIS AFTERNOON AND TONIGHT.

* IMPACTS...WINDS OF THIS MAGNITUDE WILL BE CAPABLE OF PRODUCING SOME DOWNED TREES AND POWER LINES.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

A WIND ADVISORY IS ISSUED WHEN SUSTAINED WINDS OF 31 TO 39 MPH... OR GUSTS OF 46 TO 57 MPH...ARE EXPECTED OR OCCURRING. WINDS THIS STRONG CAN MAKE DRIVING DIFFICULT...ESPECIALLY FOR HIGH PROFILE VEHICLES. USE EXTRA CAUTION.
    Lawren
    ------------------------
    There are many wonderful places in the world, but one of my favourite places is on the back of my horse.
    - Rolf Kopfle

Some of the places around here that JUST got power back have lost it again...Luckily, i never got power back!

Comment

I am just north of the city with an almost empty gas tank - lines were too long again this morning and now it's snowing sideways. The fun never ends!

Comment

I have to drive in this nice weather to Great Neck right now.
        Timeshareforums Shirts and Mugs on sale now! http://www.cafepress.com/ts4ms

Comment

Wow! Snow already?
          This is some scary stuff.

I won't tell you what it's like down here.

Comment

It's really crappy here too. We are having rain that is driven sideways by the wind, which is whipping! North and west of me is supposed to have snow. It was 28 when I got in my car this morning...I really appreciate heated seats!

Joy
            “ Peace, if it ever exists, will not be based on the fear of war but on the love of peace. ”

— Herman Wouk

Comment

Got 3 inches already, but it has finally lightened up a bit.

Comment

There is too much traffic on the streets for me to leave work now - I don't have enough gas to sit in traffic. Hopefully both the weather and the traffic will lighten up soon!

Comment

Wind & snow in my area with power outages already starting....Power just went on day before yesterday, and blocks in my town, including neighbors are again without power. Hoping for the best.

BTW, all 3 cars that we own are now on empty. Sigh.
                  Angela

If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.

BTW, I'm still keeping track of how many times you annoy me.

Comment

So far, snow just starting to cover the ground. No wind. Power off for about 15 min this AM but so far so good for now. Sat it is supposed to be 60 degrees. This weather is really crazy.
                    Kay H

Comment

Snowing on the southern shore of LI, I am at work...DH is picking me up - he works right at the LIE by Nassau/Suffolk border, says it is slippery and miserable driving....will this never end?
                      Calling my house and phone is going beep/beep/beep....means no power
                      Pat
                      *** My Website ***

Comment

It is truly nasty here. About an inch on the roads enough to make it slick and dangerous. Winds have really picked up.
                        Lawren
                        ------------------------
                        There are many wonderful places in the world, but one of my favourite places is on the back of my horse.
                        - Rolf Kopfle

Comment

I am praying that this northeaster by passed ever state north of the state of Maryland.

Be safe, purchase your food, water and gasoline tonight.

Good luck to everyone over the next few days.

Comment

Wow! This is amazing. You all have been through enough! I am hoping this is very short lived. It is starting to get cold on the west coast, but nothing like you are going through. Take care everyone; we will be thinking of you.

Comment

Would the Republican take be that God intended all this?

Just wondering.

Oh, can I interest anyone is a SW FL place for about fifty grand?

71°F
                              High

and that's 15 degrees below normal
                              RCI Member Since 24-Aug-1989/150-plus Exchanges***THE TIMESHARE GRIM REAPER~~~Exchanging/Searching/SW Florida/MO/AR/IA/Consumer Advocacy/Estate Planning/Sports/Boating/Fishing/Golf/Lake-living/Retirement****Sometimes ya just gotta be a dick

Comment

Working...
                              X