Looking for floating week timeshare

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for floating week timeshare

We currently have a time share in Daytona Beach Florida it is a floating week ,which means we can use it anytime between weeks 1-52 except bike week. I am looking to buy a resale time share with the same 1-52 float weeks within driving distance of our home in RI New England area down as far as Virginia. I have been told it is rare now to find 1-52 float weeks usually they are float weeks during off season now a days. Also a good web site to start my search for a resale purchase I have looked at many but do not know one good one from another.

thanks for any info on this

A good piece of information to know when considering a 1-52 float is whether the resort you are interested in ever sold fixed weeks. If they did, you can be sure those fixed weeks are peak time weeks. If you buy a 1-52 float but all of the weeks you want we're sold to fixed week owners you aren't getting what you think you are getting. Are you only interested in coastal areas or are you flexible with location?

Comment

I just looked through most of the coastal resorts in your geographical range on myresortnetwork and there doesn't seem to be any that offer floats. Have you considered buying into a points system? There are Wyndhams in RI and NJ.

Comment

Originally posted by philsfan View Post
        A good piece of information to know when considering a 1-52 float is whether the resort you are interested in ever sold fixed weeks. If they did, you can be sure those fixed weeks are peak time weeks. If you buy a 1-52 float but all of the weeks you want we're sold to fixed week owners you aren't getting what you think you are getting. Are you only interested in coastal areas or are you flexible with location?
        We do not want to fly anymore and pay outrageous airfares so we are looking for a timeshare resort with the flexibility of our own float weeks 1-52 driving distance which I would say about 8 hrs from RI would be max That might get me as far down as NJ.

Comment

We do not want to fly anymore and pay outrageous airfares so we are looking for a timeshare resort with the flexibility of our own float weeks 1-52 driving distance which I would say about 8 hrs from RI would be max That might get me as far down as NJ. Wyndham's tend to have high maintenance fees

Comment

How about a free 2br. 1-52 float week at Williamsburg Plantation ?

Comment

Originally posted by saturn View Post
              We do not want to fly anymore and pay outrageous airfares so we are looking for a timeshare resort with the flexibility of our own float weeks 1-52 driving distance which I would say about 8 hrs from RI would be max That might get me as far down as NJ.
              The problem that most northern and mid atlantic beach type resorts are going to have with 1-52 float weeks is that 98% of the owners will be trying to book weeks 20-35. Florida has a more year round appeal. If everyone pays the same MF's and the weeks float 1-52 and average rental prices in the dead of winter would probably be half of the MF's or less and the average summer rental goes for 2-4 times the MF's, you will end up with 12 happy owners and 40 p/o/ed ones or they would have to come up with a system where you have to either float -meaning they assign your weeks in a cycle or you will be paying an additional MF's for an off season week.

You also aren't going to find a fixed summer week with a low buy in cost and inexpensive MF's in the areas you are looking in. Winter weeks are sold for pennies, and shoulder weeks can be a good deal if you want to travel at that time. But even those have the likelihood of rising MF's in older buildings especially as more and more winter week owners bail.

Comment

Originally posted by tonyg View Post
                how about a free 2br. 1-52 float week at williamsburg plantation ?
                free????

Comment

Yep, free.

Comment

Originally posted by tonyg View Post
                    Yep, free.
                    Where is it posted? and why is it free? ,can you tell me more is it with RCI or II and what is the maintenance fees

Comment

Originally posted by saturn View Post
                      Where is it posted? and why is it free? ,can you tell me more is it with RCI or II and what is the maintenance fees
                      Tony can tell you more about that particular week, but you can be sure he is on the up-and-up. People DO give their timeshares away absolutely free when their life circumstances change and they no longer need or want them.
                      Jacki

Comment

Originally posted by jackio View Post
                        Tony can tell you more about that particular week, but you can be sure he is on the up-and-up. People DO give their timeshares away absolutely free when their life circumstances change and they no longer need or want them.
                        So true. I am ready to part with my Kona Hawaiian Resort for free. I love love love it, but I just can't use it for the foreseeable future

Comment

Originally posted by Glitter Brunello View Post
                          So true. I am ready to part with my Kona Hawaiian Resort for free. I love love love it, but I just can't use it for the foreseeable future
                          I just sold my Ireland week this past year for the same reason...only able to get
                          There every 3-4 years so made no sense to keep it.
                          Pat
                          *** My Website ***

Comment

Saturn - sent you a PM.

Comment

Its been alluded to here but I doubt you will find 52 week floaters in your target area. To have made sense as a 52 week floater, the resort would have had to be an all seasons resort. with no time more prime than any other. and no real off season. The weather being what it is in New England and the mid Atlantic I dont think you will find anything to please you.

My favorite 52 week floaters are in New Orleans (actually 47 or 48 week floaters.. depending on the resort there are 5 or 6 black out (special event) weeks

Comment

Working...
                              X