Villas De Santa Fe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Villas De Santa Fe

Have and exchange there starting 6/9 and was wondering if anyone has stayed there recently. If so, do the units have WiFi or access only in the reception area and how is the unit layed out? Any ideas on the weather?

Joy
    “ Peace, if it ever exists, will not be based on the fear of war but on the love of peace. ”

— Herman Wouk

Originally posted by joycapecod View Post
    Have and exchange there starting 6/9 and was wondering if anyone has stayed there recently. If so, do the units have WiFi or access only in the reception area and how is the unit layed out? Any ideas on the weather?

Joy
    Yes the rooms have Wifi but, if you're not a DRI elite member, there is a charge for the Wife, it's not free. Since we're DRI silver elite members I'm not sure what the fee's are. It seems to be that it's around $40 for the week but I wouldn't swear to it.

This is a link to our photo album from our stay in a two bedroom unit at the Villas De Santa Fe. http://dougp26364.smugmug.com/Travel...1567&k=z9Nx8rQ A one bedroom deluxe unit would be similar. A one bedroom standard unit will have the kitchen area along a wall vs having the small step saver kitchen that this unit has.
    Our timeshare and other photo's at http://dougp26364.smugmug.com/

Comment

We just got back from a stay there and also stayed last year as well. We had a one-bedroom both times. Last year we were in building one and this year in building two. The layouts are slightly different in each building. Building two has the kitchen as described in the post above, building one had more of a separate kitchen. The kitchens do not have an oven, just a cooktop, also microwave and refrigerator.

As stated, yes there is wi-fi, but there is a fee. We opted not to pay it so I don't remember what it was. We used the free computers in the lobby when we needed to check something.

We've been told that Santa Fe tends to get their warmest weather in June. But, that isn't always the case. I'd just keep checking the weather online and see what it looks like for the time you'll be there.

We loved the location of the Villas de Santa Fe. Although there is a shuttle that will take you to the Plaza we preferred to walk it each day.
      Luanne

Comment

Well, I called Villas. WiFi is $29.95 per 7 days, a bargain after what I paid on Grand Cayman! The exchange is with Platinum and it seems this inventory is all one bedroom delux units! So, my friend and I will have the larger one bedroom unit woohoo!!!

Joy
        “ Peace, if it ever exists, will not be based on the fear of war but on the love of peace. ”

— Herman Wouk

Comment

Joy, if this is for you and a friend ask to be sure you get the one bedroom with two beds. When dh and I checked in and finally went into our unit we had one with two beds. Not exactly what we wanted. We were able to switch to a unit with one king size which made us much happier.

Our trade was through Platinum also (both this year and last year). I have no idea what a deluxe one-bedroom would be. What is kind of odd is that only certain units (based on location) get a mid-week cleaning. Last year we were there for two weeks and only got a cleaning since we were there for more than 7 nights. We were in building one, where the one bedroom unit seemed a bit larger. This year in bulding two we did get a mid-week cleaning.
          Luanne

Comment

Ah Luanne, good to know about the two beds. I will be certain to ask since Sharon (my friend from Indiana) is restless!

Odd about the midweek cleaning too.

Joy

— Herman Wouk

Comment

One thing we noticed that was different this year vs last year was with the laundry soap. There are 4 washers/4 dryers in the main building. Last year I'm pretty sure we had to supply our own soap, or buy the small boxes at the front desk. This year the laundry soap was free. That was a nice change. Of course you still have to pay to use the washers/dryers.

Also, the lobby always has coffee and hot water for tea available, if you don't want to make anything up in your room.
              Luanne

Comment

Originally posted by dougp26364 View Post
                Yes the rooms have Wifi but, if you're not a DRI elite member, there is a charge for the Wife, it's not free. . . . ..
                Sorry Doug but I couldn't resist. No Wife is free but it may help being a DRI elite member.
                Mike H
                Wyndham Fairshare Plus Owners, Be cool and join the Wyndham/FairfieldHOA forum!

Comment

We've stayed there several times over the years. Not a super place, but not bad either. And the location: outstanding!

Comment

Working...
                  X