Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wyndham Sedona, AZ review and issues to watch for.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wyndham Sedona, AZ review and issues to watch for.

Used my Wyn points for this 3 night stay in a 2 bedroom 2 bath.
    I called ahead and it was noted on my reservation that we needed a ground floor unit.
    Because I was checking in late at night I also called on the morning of arrival to remind the staff of our needs
    and not to give away my room.
    I also asked if possible for a view of the red rocks.

We arrived around 9pm and the check in girl gave us a second floor unit. Unit 2211.
    It was a second floor unit with stairs.
    The unit was very nice but there are no elevators in these buildings.
    Wouldn't have been the end of the world if they had valet to help you but they do not.
    We were 4 women traveling together and you know that we just can't seem to pack light.

The check in girl was very apologetic and said that the maintenance guy could help us with our luggage.
    When he came out when she called him, he said that he just had hernia surgery and could not help us. So sorry.
    The check in girl offered to help us and she took us to our room following her on the golf cart with our SUV.
    She wasn't all of 100 pounds soaking wet and we didn't think it fair for her to help us so we did it ourselves.

She asked if there was anything else she could do for us and I told her to get us our parking pass and extra keys
    because there was no way in hell we were doing any sort of parking pass dance in the morning. She returned
    quickly with the parking pass, extra keys and a bag of goodies to make peace. She gave us some chocolates,
    a scented jar candle, a plastic water bottle and a few extra soaps for the washer. Honestly our issue was not with
    her but with the way the computer system flags these requests.

I told her that I would take it up with the manager later.

The room appeared to be recently updated so that was definitely a plus. Everything was clean and for the most part,
    in working order. The wi-fi was free. The room has a nice layout and could sleep 8 if needed.
    Unfortunately when we woke up in the morning we had a lovely view of the trailer park next door.
    Mind you, it's a nice trailer park but no red rock views. So much for making requests.

The resort manager did call us the next day and offered us a better room but since we were only going to be there
    3 nights and one had passed it wasn't worth moving all our stuff so I didn't bother with the hassle as it was cutting
    into our sightseeing time since we were going to do the train to the Grand Canyon very early the next day.

On check out I did speak to the manager Kim who was apologetic. I told her my issues and how that if I had been
    traveling with my elderly mother this would have been a major issue. I often travel with Mom and always call ahead
    to make sure things are elder friendly as we have had several falls because of older timeshares and stairs. BTW
    this is not an old timeshare. Wyndham just went cheap on the elevators in this place. Shame on Wyndham.

I suggested to Kim that there needed to be some sort of list for people who make specific requests. I called ahead
    several times and was assured it was in the system but if no one can see it because they don't get a separate report
    for these requests, what good is it? In the end Kim credited me back my points which essentially made my stay free.
    I wasn't looking for a refund but was pleased that she gave it. Didn't get my HK credits back though.

I did tell her that this resort seems more like the Wyndham vacation motel as opposed to a resort since there are no
    after hours services. The least they should do is have someone on hand to help with late check ins. This is no small
    resort and I am shocked that this is even an issue at this place, but it is, so be forewarned unless they have corrected
    it since I've been there last month.

Other than this issue the location is okay but you definitely need a car. There is a grocery store (Safeway) right across
    the street and several restaurants nearby. Easy to get into and out of the resort. We didn't use the facilites so can't
    comment on the pool or gym etc. My friends were underimpressed at Wyndham. They own Marriott and said that this
    would never have been an issue at any Marriott. Sad to say that I agree with them but then again this wasn't the same
    cost of MF's so not sure if it's a fair comparison.

The area is beautiful and worth visiting. The Hyatt had a better location in relation to the town, not that it's such a big
    place but if you want to walk to anything then stay elsewhere as there isn't much close by to walk to in the heat.

It must be the Sedona. My wife and I had similar problems at Sedona Summit 2 days ago.

Comment

I enjoy hearing about Wyndhams around the country and the info you posted is also good to know.

Comment

Originally posted by dcwojo View Post
        It must be the Sedona. My wife and I had similar problems at Sedona Summit 2 days ago.
        Maybe the airs too thin in Sedona.

Comment

Working...
        X