Sirius/XM renewal.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sirius/XM renewal.

My XM subscription was due for renewal tomorrow. I received the notice in the mail a few weeks ago that the renewal for a year would be $159 + $15. Last year I paid $85. I called them and told them that I would not renew for that price as we only use it a few times a month. We have the XM in our Honda Ridgeline that we don't drive much as we don't commute anywhere and just use it for pleasure trips. We use our other vehicle for running around town.

The first person I talked to couldn't do anything but he did pass me to a nice lady in another department. I told her that I like the service very much but couldn't justify the price for the little amount we used it. I also told her what I paid last year. Without any argument or negotiation, she offered me a renewal price of $74 total for the year. So needless to say I accepted it and am a happy camper as I got it for $11 less than last year and $100 less than the standard renewal price.
    John

That's a better price than I got a couple of weeks ago. I had the $85 deal last year, and just got it for $93 on my renewal on the 15th.
    Scott

Comment

If you hold out you will get an email after a few months of it expiring that blows away every deal out there. I got $25 for 6 months
      Timeshareforums Shirts and Mugs on sale now! http://www.cafepress.com/ts4ms

Comment

Originally posted by bigfrank View Post
        If you hold out you will get an email after a few months of it expiring that blows away every deal out there. I got $25 for 6 months
        That only saves $24 for a year which is not enough for me go without it for a few months.
        John

Comment

honestly' I can do with outit. I tend to keep 1010 wins am radio on most and when football season is on I try to listen to football talk. I will say I have been enjoying the 70's station lately.

Comment

I like it, but wouldn't pay full price for it. I mostly listen to Radio Margaritaville, and my kids like Disney.
            Scott

Comment

I am more of classic rewind kind of guy, but I can get into the 70s too.

Although, at work I listen to the cell phone I heart radio channels.
              Don

Comment

One of the major reasons why we like it is we can get the same programs no matter where we are. Like I said, we only listen to the car radio when we are traveling somewhere. Of course no commercials is also pretty nice.
                John

Comment

We bought our subscription 7 years back. Lifetime for $500.

Comment

Originally posted by bigfrank View Post
                    honestly' I can do with outit. I tend to keep 1010 wins am radio on most and when football season is on I try to listen to football talk. I will say I have been enjoying the 70's station lately.
                    Try channels 25 & 26 - Classic Rewind and Classic Vinyl. I like the 60's on 6 and 70's on 7 but the classic mixes are even more varied and often a wider selection of groups.

Comment

For the last 3 years I have received outrageous renewal notices.
                      For the last 3 years, I have called to cancel my subscription
                      For the last 3 years, the invoice was discounted by about 60%

seems to be status quo for sirrius
                      Judy

Comment

Originally posted by timeos2
                        Try channels 25 & 26 - Classic Rewind and Classic Vinyl. I like the 60's on 6 and 70's on 7 but the classic mixes are even more varied and often a wider selection of groups.
                        Your favorites sound like mine - 70s, 80s, 60s, channels 25 and 26, and I also like The Bridge.
                        I also like channel 21 - Underground Garage. There is usually something on it that I like.

I, too, call each year to cancel when I get hit with the big renewal bill, and they always cut it at least in half. My last renewal was $88 for a year. I am happy with that.
                        Jacki

Comment

I just put in the CD that strikes my mood and play what I want to hear. No charge, no chatter, no swearing, no satellite, no costs.

Comment

Originally posted by jackio
                            Your favorites sound like mine - 70s, 80s, 60s, channels 25 and 26, and I also like The Bridge.
                            I also like channel 21 - Underground Garage. There is usually something on it that I like.

I, too, call each year to cancel when I get hit with the big renewal bill, and they always cut it at least in half. My last renewal was $88 for a year. I am happy with that.
                            Originally posted by timeos2
                            You two left out 16 or is it 15, I bet us 3 are the same age

Comment

Originally posted by craftemp View Post
                              For the last 3 years I have received outrageous renewal notices.
                              For the last 3 years, I have called to cancel my subscription
                              For the last 3 years, the invoice was discounted by about 60%

seems to be status quo for sirrius
                              Exactly what I have done for the past 3 years.
                              John

Comment

Working...
                              X