It took 18 and a half hours but now I am hooked up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bigfrank View Post
    Well I am paying for 50?25 and it is not getting me any where near that. Issues need to be fixed
    Are you using a wi-fi connection? If so then you won't get the speeds unless you are just a couple feet from the router. Also I imagine that any tests in your area go through the servers in NYC which can slow it down and it also depends on the time of day. Another thing, have you had your PC set up properly for your connection? Contact Verizon FIOS technical support and they should be able to resolve any issue. Their service is very good.

To show you the difference between wi-fi and a wired connection, I get ~ 21/19 on my wi-fi laptop connection and 30/30 on my wired desk top. My wi-fi connection is 50 feet from the router and goes through 3 walls. As I said, I have the 25/25 option.

When you get up into speeds of 20 mbps or so other factors like the servers you are going through become the limiting factor. That is why I don't advise going above 25/25 for most users.
    John

Comment

My router stopped working last night. It must be the end of it's life but Verizon got it started again but we are getting a new one. Their technical support is really good and 24/7. I hooked up to the cable and couldn't believe what a difference in speed there is. Most likely too because our computers are standing far away from the router and it has to go through multiple walls.

Comment

Originally posted by iconnections View Post
        My router stopped working last night. It must be the end of it's life but Verizon got it started again but we are getting a new one. Their technical support is really good and 24/7. I hooked up to the cable and couldn't believe what a difference in speed there is. Most likely too because our computers are standing far away from the router and it has to go through multiple walls.
        If your wi-fi quits again, try powering the router off then on. That will often fix the problem. This works sometimes if you can't access certain web sites.
        John

Comment

My wireless router died this week also. DH called cablevision for tech support because we could not get on the internet. It turned out that the modem is fine but the router is shot. The tech said they last 3 to 4 years. I've had mine for 10 years and never knew they did not last forever!
          Jacki

Comment

Love to see your scores on 50/25 Frank...I have the very very basic Verizon service(i'm guessing 25/25 based on the score but i thought it was 15/5) and this is mine on wireless through a wall

Ridewithme38
            Last edited by Ridewithme38; 06-11-2012, 11:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ridewithme38 View Post
              Love to see your scores on 50/25 Frank...I have the very very basic Verizon service(i'm guessing 25/25 based on the score but i thought it was 15/5) and this is mine on wireless through a wall

I have been slowing down day by day, I am calling tomorrow
              Click image for larger version

Name:	2003808679.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	13.0 KB
ID:	922626
              Timeshareforums Shirts and Mugs on sale now! http://www.cafepress.com/ts4ms

Comment

Originally posted by bigfrank View Post
                I have been slowing down day by day, I am calling tomorrow
                [ATTACH=CONFIG]44[/ATTACH]

With all the issues that I had today made it worse but it maybe getting resolved. Add in 2 more hours on the phone and another Service call being made as soon as they can get me in. The retention rep I spoke to last Thursday that promised to bump me up to 150/65 and give me added discounts did not do his job. It looks like he may have worked for the sales staff. Now when I called this morning I spoke to the Retention Dept who claimed he saw the notes but he could not have cause they were not there. I found out after he transferred me to Tech Support who verifed that there was no order for 150/65. So I get transferred back to Retention who said that he saw some notes but nothing regarding the upgraded Fios with Discount. So now I get transferred to a Retention supervisor who said that the person I spoke to on Thursday was a Verizon Vendor and was not from CS and that there was no way she could even come close to what U said he offered me. Well after hearing my ordeal with the 18 and a half hours 4 people tracking there wet shoes in my house from the rain. She went to work and did the best she could to give me what I was promised. She is calling back to try to get me an appointment for this week.

Comment

Well looks like I am set, Total time was 21 and a half hours, 5 appointments, 11 technicians including this morning 2 supervisors and 1 senior tech. I am now clocking 154/69

Comment

Working...
                  X