Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another example of how my past year has gone - truck fire!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best of luck to you Ken. I hope the surgery goes well, and that you have a full, and speedy recovery. I will keep you in my thoughts, and prayers.......Hoping that you'll be able to work from until you're fully healed!

Originally posted by Quarterbore View Post
    Well, I got the quote and with labor we are looking at $5800 for the estimate. I did ask if we can limp the truck for a week before I have to go in for surgery and the truck should be OK for short trips and no more trailer pulling. Just need to baby it and then we will find a parts dealer that wants the rest of it as certainly there is a lot of value in the truck, just too expensive to make it worth fixing...

As for my surgery, I get split open June 28th. Then it's 6-8 weeks at home as I am not allowed to drive while the bone grows and heals. I hope I can work at home during that period.
    Angela

If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.

BTW, I'm still keeping track of how many times you annoy me.

Comment

Maybe you can find your lucky element and improve your luck.
      http://www.chineseastrologyonline.com/LE.htm

Once you find your lucky element you can find your lucky color and other lucky things.

Good Luck
      Bill

Comment

I missed it or you didn't say -- did you get the chair home? My mom spent a lot of nights in her recliner after that surgery, so good thinking on your part. She said that was much more comfortable, but she was kind of used to sleeping semi-upright, because she sleeps that way when she has bronchitis, and when we lived in Colorado that meant at least a week or so a year.

I have to say, when you said you didn't have a fire extinguisher I was expecting billowing flames and toasted truck -- for some reason when I lived in Colorado I saw a number of cars, trucks, and one RV burn down to not much beside the road. So, while I felt for you while dealing with the idiots, I was mostly really glad you all got out of that okay in order to do so!

Best of luck with your surgery.

Comment

Thanks, and yes we are glad nobody got hurt. My brother has lent me his F250 super duty pickup so getting the chair home was easy. At least getting the chair a couple weeks early means the kids are bored with it. I even got a test nap in it one night this week and I slept well in it.

Comment

Ken,
            Hoping all the best for your surgery.

RE: Ford
            https://www.facebook.com/#!/SeniorMasterTechnician Rusty Bunn, a Senior Master Technician on fb is so generous with his vast knowledge. He rescued us: http://ourtimesharerentals.com/ford.htm

While our 2007 Ford Escape Hybrid is still under it's extended warranty (until next month) I am wondering if you kept track of recalls. My experience is that Ford is relunctant to notify people and denies them when they exist. Because my husband Ken owned Ford Expositions, F150s and many other Fords we received a lot of recall notices for it. I think one letter indicated a possible engine fire could be caused.
            My Website Link Oked by BF

Comment

Working...
            X