Clear All

• Frank's power is out

But he's ok. To quote him directly "I'm down but I'm not out."

Originally posted by Glitter Brunello View Post
    But he's ok. To quote him directly "I'm down but I'm not out."
    Tell him he needs a second opinion.
    ... not enough time for all the timeshares ®

Comment

Power just came back on now. I had borrowed a generator at about 3 pm today so we had lights and a fridge working. about 30 minutes ago we just got back on. I took some pictures of the fallen tress on my block as are many wires.
      My son is stuck in Hoboken on a good note he now has a waterfront apartment. He can not leave his apartment unless he uses a raft since the Hudson is at his front door. He has No power there at all so I am not sure if he can get his phone charged.

I spoke to Tony he does not have internet or house phones. Power was out and is now on.

Lawren's power is out as is her internet.
      Timeshareforums Shirts and Mugs on sale now! http://www.cafepress.com/ts4ms

Comment

Thanks for the update Frank. Hope all are safe and will soon have power back.
        Perpetual Motion ~ Going Nowhere Fast!!

Comment

Originally posted by susieq View Post
          Thanks for the update Frank. Hope all are safe and will soon have power back.
          Ditto!

Comment

I read that 48 people died in the storm so far and more than 8 million people are without power. I am glad to read that our TS4MRs are safe but have minor or major problems but will be OK eventually, I hope.

This big storm isn't over yet from what I read.

Comment

Hang in there. Those of us far away are keeping an eye on it/y'all.
              RCI Member Since 24-Aug-1989/150-plus Exchanges***THE TIMESHARE GRIM REAPER~~~Exchanging/Searching/SW Florida/MO/AR/IA/Consumer Advocacy/Estate Planning/Sports/Boating/Fishing/Golf/Lake-living/Retirement****Sometimes ya just gotta be a dick

Comment

Hope you guys get your power back quickly.
                Those utility companies go into overdrive when there is a hurricane.
                I am sure the rest if the country will let you borrow our electric workers.
                I know when we have a storm we get workers from far away like Michigan.
                amazing how they fix things pretty quickly. Hang in there.

Comment

Lucky!

Here at the Marriott Wardman Park in DC the power never went off, and the bar did not close (and had an ample supply of Kentucky Bourbon) so Rita and I have fared well. Our Siuthwest flight out of BWI is on time today and the SuperShuttle is rubnning, so we have been very lucky.
                  Rita did remark the anomaly of owning an ocean front condo in Ormond by the Sea (East Coast Florida) and having to worry about a hurricane in DC.
                  M. Henley

Comment

We also borrow workers from all over as needed. Still, LIPA and ConEd are barely able to estimate when power will be restored to some areas. Sounds like a week or more in some places.

I fear it will take longer than that to restore the subway system.

Comment

I hope that everybody is well.

It ia hard to imagine the damage done to the Subway system. It is not just a matter of drying out but also the corrosion because of the salt water.
                      John

Comment

I just heard that they are extending the time line for many area's from 4-5 days now up to 10 days or longer to get the power back on. The generator I was using is now being used for someone in Lyndenhurst LI.
                        Timeshareforums Shirts and Mugs on sale now! http://www.cafepress.com/ts4ms

Comment

Originally posted by bigfrank View Post
                          I just heard that they are extending the time line for many area's from 4-5 days now up to 10 days or longer to get the power back on. The generator I was using is now being used for someone in Lyndenhurst LI.
                          Lindenhurst was hit really hard. The water went all the way up to Montauk Highway.
                          My mom had 6 feet of water in her basement and her electric panel and boiler were submerged.
                          Jacki

Comment

Originally posted by JWC View Post
                            I hope that everybody is well.

It ia hard to imagine the damage done to the Subway system. It is not just a matter of drying out but also the corrosion because of the salt water.
                            Yeah - I would imagine there will be extensive repairs and replacement to electrical components in the tunnels - both power and instrumentation. And there will probably be salt water related malfunctions that will crop up for years as pieces of equipment that are not replaced fail prematurely.
                            “Maybe you shouldn't dress like that.”

“This is a blouse and skirt. I don't know what you're talking about.”

“You shouldn't wear that body.”

Comment

Originally posted by M. Henley View Post
                              Rita did remark the anomaly of owning an ocean front condo in Ormond by the Sea (East Coast Florida) and having to worry about a hurricane in DC.

Now THAT'S funny!!
                              Perpetual Motion ~ Going Nowhere Fast!!

Comment

Working...
                              X