No announcement yet.

Frank's power is out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's very sad about the deaths but I'm very relieved that everyone here is OK!
    Syd

Comment

Doesn't sound good, we are thinking and praying for all of you.

Comment

We are getting limited subway service starting tomorrow, but there's no service downtown or b/t the city and Brooklyn.

I also noticed on my drive home from the Bronx (my latest for a while due to HOV3 restrictions starting tomorrow) that it was ALL DARK on the other side of the Hudson until well below 95th street, save for one apt building that must have either a) a big backup system or b) a big politico resident

Comment

I have to travel upstate tomorrow, but I think the HOV restrictions are only for Manhattan-bound crossings. I will take the Whitestone or Throggs Neck through the Bronx.

My friend's father lives in Breezy Point. He lost the whole front of his house, and half the houses on his block burned down. I'm not sure how the fire started.
          Jacki

Comment

Besides the inconvience of not having power, I do not know what the heck is going on.
            I hope I get power soon.
            Pat
            *** My Website ***

Comment

Originally posted by M. Henley View Post
              Here at the Marriott Wardman Park in DC
              I live right across the street, you should have told me. I always have bourbon.
              ... not enough time for all the timeshares ®

Comment

As many of you know my son stayed in Hoboken rather than come home before the storm. I had a chance to get him out even the night of the storm but he wanted to stay. He can not stay in his apartment so he was staying at his School which has power only in the Cafeteria but that is where he is eating and charging his phone.
                Today we asked him again to come home and he still wanted to stay. We figured he and his friends since it was Halloween they would be having fun. Well both me and my wife were wrong. My son is now at Hoboken City hall Helping the town. I still do not know what he is doing there but I know he is doing good to help. We are worried he is going to get something from the contaminated water. I think my little buddy is all grown up.
                Timeshareforums Shirts and Mugs on sale now! http://www.cafepress.com/ts4ms

Comment

He sounds like a nice and very considerate young man to help others.

I am surprised to read that the subway will be partially open already. I am sure that they know what they are doing. Good to know that everyone survived it but some with quite a bit of damage, regretfully.

Comment

Originally posted by iconnections View Post
                    I am surprised to read that the subway will be partially open already. I am sure that they know what they are doing.
                    You are clearly a less cynical person than I.
                    “Maybe you shouldn't dress like that.”

“This is a blouse and skirt. I don't know what you're talking about.”

“You shouldn't wear that body.”

Comment

We just heard from my son. He is charge of helping to distribute the Food to the people. Not sure if he is in one place where they go to City Hall or if he has to get the food to where people are living. I hope he is just staying in one spot. I do not want him walking threw that muck.
                      Timeshareforums Shirts and Mugs on sale now! http://www.cafepress.com/ts4ms

Comment

Shoot!

On Tuesday afternoon I was able to walk down the hill to the liquor store and replenish my supply. Wish I had known yuour were that close, we could have had dinner on Tuesday night.
                        M. Henley

Comment

We were able to fly out (from BWI) on our scheduled flight at 3:40 PM, 31 Oct and arrived at BNA around 4:30 PM (Central DST). We were home by 7:05 PM. Lucky!!
                          M. Henley

Comment

Originally posted by bigfrank View Post
                            We just heard from my son. He is charge of helping to distribute the Food to the people. Not sure if he is in one place where they go to City Hall or if he has to get the food to where people are living. I hope he is just staying in one spot. I do not want him walking threw that muck.
                            Don't worry Frank. He'll be fine.
                            At that age you gotta get out and help.
                            I remember being the same way during Hurricane Andrew.

We went down there in the middle of the mess every day to help.
                            Luckily for us we didn't have flooding, but there were alot of people trapped that needed help.
                            Unfortunately couldn't do it anymore even if I wanted to.
                            Oh to have that youthful strength again.

Comment

Frank, your son sounds like a great kid. The mayor of hoboken is sure a feisty and plain spoken person.

Comment

Originally posted by bigfrank View Post
                                You and Jackie raised a fine young man.
                                Jacki

Comment

Working...
                                X