No announcement yet.

Frank's power is out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I sincerely hope everyone is safe and sound. I did not loose power and I have a full tank is gas. Since I started working in Manhattan this week I have endure 3 to 4 hour commutes. Yesterday I walked from Sunnyside Queens over the bridge to 6 th and 50th.

My buddy lost his 43 ft boat. This is so inconsequential in light of the scale of damage others are suffering

Stay safe and be well.
    Flying at MACH4 +

Comment

Right now I am in a sardine can train of the lirr.
      Flying at MACH4 +

Comment

I'm still down as far as the telephone and DSL. AT&T is supposed to be here Monday, but I'm not counting on them. They are about to lose a customer as I've already have cable and phone scheduled for an install on the 12th.

Comment

In my family 2 had power restored yesterday and 3 are still down.
          Pat H

Comment

My BIL got power back on at 4am today. He lives in New Hyde Park.
            Timeshareforums Shirts and Mugs on sale now! http://www.cafepress.com/ts4ms

Comment

Still out although the LIPA map shows less then 5 people out in my area, down from 800, So maaaayybbbeeeeee soon.
              Pat
              *** My Website ***

Comment

I'm up in Saratoga for a conference, and at the first stop along the thruway heading north, there was a huge line at the gas station. I couldn't figure out why until DH told me that gas is scarce on Long Island, NYC, and Westchester County. They are heading north to fill up!
                Today DH told me the line at my local gas station is 1/2 mile long, and that the National Guard is in the station parking lot to keep the peace!
                This is crazy!
                MIL, DD, and DH's 2 brothers are all still without power, MIL won't come to my house, even though temps were down to high 30's during the night and she is freezing.
                Jacki

Comment

Just got my power back. Three trucks from Houston fixed the transformer around the corner. YaY Texas!
                  They told my DH that if took them three days to drive here.

My nephew attends SUNY Maritime College in the Bronx and the school is housing 600+ rescue and utility worked on their ship docked at the school
                  Pat
                  *** My Website ***

Comment

Originally posted by GrayFal View Post
                    Just got my power back. Three trucks from Houston fixed the transformer around the corner. YaY Texas!
                    They told my DH that if took them three days to drive here.

My nephew attends SUNY Maritime College in the Bronx and the school is housing 600+ rescue and utility worked on their ship docked at the school
                    I am happy you got back up. Could you imagine how long it would have taken if we would not had help from other area's?

Boy Scout's are collecting at St Trinity's Church in Middle Village Sunday from noon to 3 pm and Monday to Friday in the evening. They are looking for UN opened food, coats,shoes, gloves, hats, shirts, pants and blankets . GREAT TIME TO CLEAN OUT YOUR CLOSETS!

Comment

MIL finally agreed to come to our house until she gets her power back. The temps went down into the 30's last night and she was cold.
                      Jacki

Comment

Good!! Came to her senses!!
                        Perpetual Motion ~ Going Nowhere Fast!!

Comment

To everyone in New Jersey, Connecticut and New York. I am praying that everyone is safe and your electrical power will be restored ASAP.

Dominion Resource from Virginia send over twenty trucks to help out.

Comment

Glad to see you guys already have power back.
                            When we have our bad storms it can take up to 2 weeks to 30 days in some places.
                            Thank God for those out of state workers who come to the rescue.
                            I remember we had trucks from far far away and I wanted to just kiss them when they showed up at my house.
                            You don't realize how life just stands still without electricity until you lose it.

Our storms are complicated because we still have utility poles and they were all on the ground.
                            I'm guessing you guys must have more underground utilities with the snow and all.
                            Is that the case?

I am so glad this was just a cat 1 storm cause I'm not sure there would be anything left if you guys got the kind of storms we've had down here. Hurricane Andrew was a cat 5. They definitely need to change the building code up north.

Comment

I just got to speak to my son now. I had not spoken to him since before the storm hit. He said he has no power no heat and no food> he is working his tail off helping out the town. He has no laundry available and needs to find a way to get his cloths clean. He has no socks left and his feet are hurting from all the walking he is doing bringing people food and prescriptions and even ice. I begged him to come home. He said no because he can not forgive himself knowing what needs to be done in Hoboken while he came home and most likely go on his computer or play video games.

Comment

Experience

My experience isd that fine people, like Frank's son, have fine parents.
                                M. Henley

Comment

Working...
                                X