I think I got the Contributer ID working But

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think I got the Contributer ID working But

It takes away the Posting members ID or the Moderator ID. I am not sure but I think you can change it now to what ever you like from your CP/

I also added 3 new Donation levels,
    Copper which is a 6 month Contributer,
    Diamond club 18 months and
    Titanium Club 2 year contributer

Since we are going to be on the new dedicated server ( Which I have ordered and should be up in 1-2 days) I hope the members can help out in any way they can. I do not want to down grade. The server we had was 6-7 years old. We have a quad core Xeon processor with a 10 TB band width.
    In time I hope to get the Photo server back and the chat room as well. Everything takes Time and a son who can help out with running the Site, I do not want to bother Ken at all but if I am in a jam he said he would help out.

This is the new servers specs
    ◦Intel Xeon E3-1220LV2 2.3GHz
    ◦10 mbps Uplink
    ◦4 GB DDR3 Memory
    ◦500 GB RAID-1 Drives
    ◦10 TB Bandwidth
    ◦Up to 5 Dedicated IPs
    Timeshareforums Shirts and Mugs on sale now! http://www.cafepress.com/ts4ms

Thanks for all your time and hard work Frank!!
    Perpetual Motion ~ Going Nowhere Fast!!

Comment

Thanks Frank and Ken - I appreciate everything you do and will contribute since I don't want to lose this valuable resource!

Maria

Comment

Test of the system. Seems to be no change in user title.

Comment

I can't seem to find a way to change the user ID as a (junior) member

Comment

Made a contribution.. Thanks for all you do.
            my travel website: Vacation-Times.org.

"A vacation is what you take when you can no longer take what you’ve been taking."
            ~Earl Wilson

Comment

I, too, will be contributing as it is a small price to pay for something I use daily and up to several times a day. Much cheaper than some other addictions!!

I do have a question - at the bottom of the contribution screen it says:
              Validity periods marked with a * indicate that this subscription is recurring.

After the initial subscription period is complete, the subscription will automatically be renewed with a new charge.

Which validity periods are they talking about?
              Jacki

Comment

Originally posted by jackio View Post
                I, too, will be contributing as it is a small price to pay for something I use daily and up to several times a day. Much cheaper than some other addictions!!

I do have a question - at the bottom of the contribution screen it says:
                Validity periods marked with a * indicate that this subscription is recurring.

After the initial subscription period is complete, the subscription will automatically be renewed with a new charge.

Which validity periods are they talking about?
                I will look at it again but I did not put the check in the box for recurring charge \ What the system should do is send out a reminder email when your year runs out.

Just so everyone understands I am not and never will be Ken. I can not work his magic that he added to the site. Once my son is done with School He can try to add the Photo server,Chat room, Links Dir, Medals, Reviews, The holiday themes and get the contributer thing working so I do not have to add it by hand.

Comment

Thanks Frank. Contribution sent.

Comment

Originally posted by tonyg9 View Post
                    I can't seem to find a way to change the user ID as a (junior) member
                    Well I got most of the contributer working but it does not work Automaticly. I still have to add it by hand. See if you can change it back now.

Comment

Originally posted by bnoble View Post
                      Thanks Frank. Contribution sent.
                      Thank You Brian I added Silver to your ID

Comment

Originally posted by rikkis_playpen View Post
                        Made a contribution.. Thanks for all you do.
                        Richard Thank YOU for being our first $300 Diamond club Member. In fact You were a Platinum which still had time on it and upgraded to an additional extra level. I also see that I must have made a Boo Boo some where because I am having a Problem trying to make the Diamond Club Show up on your ID since it still says Platinum.

Headaches have begone, Aspirins please, I can tell This is going to be a long Day.

Comment

Well I went back to look and it was there already-did you change it or is it working now ?

Comment

Thanks again Frank.

Do you have the ability to add/delete/merge the various boards? I was thinking we could use a change in the amount/titles of forums we have and would tackle in the next month with some suggestions if it was something you could do.

Edit - I see that the "Contributor" info has taken away the 'member status' of junior member/senior member/moderator, etc. Can that be fixed to how it was before - the member status AND the contributor status?
                            GrayFal
                            Silver Contributor and supermoderator
                            Last edited by GrayFal; 01-06-2013, 01:36 PM.
                            Pat
                            *** My Website ***

Comment

Originally posted by GrayFal View Post
                              Thanks again Frank.

Do you have the ability to add/delete/merge the various boards? I was thinking we could use a change in the amount/titles of forums we have and would tackle in the next month with some suggestions if it was something you could do.

Edit - I see that the "Contributor" info has taken away the 'member status' of junior member/senior member/moderator, etc. Can that be fixed to how it was before - the member status AND the contributor status?
                              Pat I believe you have the ability of changing it yourself once I add the subscription to the account. BTW I am not sure what you meant on the first part of your post. Also thank you for adding another Silver membership to the Silver that you had.

Richard I am going insane trying to figure ot why the diamond club is not showing up in your ID

Tony I added it in but can you check to see if you can change it back.
                              OH Pat can you check to see if you can change it to the super mod again in your control panel.

Comment

Working...
                              X