Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When your family tells you to go to the Hospital, Please do so.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, that's one heck of a reaction! I think having an epi-pen on you from now on seems wise.

Comment

Well on the bright side you didn't need to dress up for Halloween. Some people also pay big money for the "duck lip" look.

Have you figured out what made you sick ? I hope it wasn't pizza and beer ! Im glad your feeling better.

Comment

Glad to hear you are all right. Don't even wait for family to tell you to go. When there are visual signs like that RUN to the nearest hospital.

Comment

Thank goodness you are ok. Now make an appointment with an allergist for testing to see just what it is you are allergic to. Then get a script for an epi-pen.
          Jacki

Comment

This story could have had a much different ending. I am so glad that you have recovered, and are now a much wiser man! Hugs!

Dori

Comment

Frank, they DID give you an RX for an epi-pen, right???
              Pat
              *** My Website ***

Comment

Frank, what a horrible experience for you and your family but you went in time so you survived it and can write about it. You need to find out what caused it but it sounds like you know already. I hope you feel your own self again.

Comment

Originally posted by easyrider View Post
                  Well on the bright side you didn't need to dress up for Halloween. Some people also pay big money for the "duck lip" look.

Have you figured out what made you sick ? I hope it wasn't pizza and beer ! Im glad your feeling better.
                  My wife told me to keep away from the door or the kids will have nightmares and never come back. If it was pizza I guess I am a goner soon enough.

Originally posted by GrayFal View Post
                  Frank, they DID give you an RX for an epi-pen, right???
                  Yes they did but my insurance did not cover it. I will see if I can get them to cover it somehow.

I still do not think it was what I ate. I think it might have been some kind of bite. When I get a food allergy I itch and there was no itch, I just blew up and could not breath.
                  Timeshareforums Shirts and Mugs on sale now! http://www.cafepress.com/ts4ms

Comment

Originally posted by bigfrank View Post

Yes they did but my insurance did not cover it. I will see if I can get them to cover it somehow.

I still do not think it was what I ate. I think it might have been some kind of bite. When I get a food allergy I itch and there was no itch, I just blew up and could not breath.
                    Frank, buy the epi-pen....keep the receipt and submit to your insurance company....Trust me, after they see your Urgent care/Emergency Department visit you now have the diagnosis of "severe anaphylaxis reaction" and this will be a covered drug.
                    Especially because you do not know yet what caused such a severe reaction, you NEED to have the pen with you at all times.
                    Call me if you want to discuss but buy the pen!!!! REALLY.
                    Pat
                    *** My Website ***

Comment

Someone put BF in 21-Day Quarantine.

RCI Member Since 24-Aug-1989/150-plus Exchanges***THE TIMESHARE GRIM REAPER~~~Exchanging/Searching/SW Florida/MO/AR/IA/Consumer Advocacy/Estate Planning/Sports/Boating/Fishing/Golf/Lake-living/Retirement****Sometimes ya just gotta be a dick

Comment

Some women pay big bucks for lips like that...

I am glad this turned out ok, but definitely buy an epi-pen, insurance or not, and carry it with you. Especially since you don't know what you're allergic to. Some allergic reactions get worse the second time, btw, so DEFINITELY do not be so hard headed going forward!!
                        Glitter Brunello
                        Super Moderator
                        Last edited by Glitter Brunello; 11-01-2014, 11:10 PM.

Comment

There's a special offer on Epipens through the end of the year.

https://www.epipen.com/en/copay-offer

Comment

you know once this happened to me at school, I could feel my lip swelling up, and someone said who gve you the fat lip, then i was having trouble swallowing, and i went to dr and he gave me a shot of epinephrine. I hadn't eaten, and the only thing different was the paper the state tests were printed on.

Comment

Originally posted by wackymother View Post
                              There's a special offer on Epipens through the end of the year.

https://www.epipen.com/en/copay-offer

This is so nice, I am going to have to get a new perscription for a 2 pack.

Pat I may need to call you if I can not get it it easy enough
                              Timeshareforums Shirts and Mugs on sale now! http://www.cafepress.com/ts4ms

Comment

Frank next time call 911.
                                That's why you pay your taxes.
                                Glad you're better but this could have turned out much worse.
                                Minutes count when you are having an anaphylactic reaction.
                                You don't want to get stuck in traffic.
                                Better to make the trip with the guys with the epi-pens.

Comment

Working...
                                X