I got scammed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I got scammed

I am filling my car at a Gas station, Some guy stops me with an Italian accent asking for directions. I spoke back to him in Italian and he wanted to show his appreciation. He said he was in town from Milan for a designers cloths convection. He claimed he owned the company R.D.G from Milan, Italy. He hands me 4 nice looking leather Jackets and said Macy's and Bloomingdales will start carrying this brand next month. They were going to sell for over $1000 each. He then says he was flying back to Milan in a few hours. Even showed me his passport and plane ticket. He said that his 10 year old son wanted an iPad and that he needed to get it for him before he went back. He showed me that he only had Euro's on him and needed cash to get it. He needed $400. I told him I only had $200 that i could give him. He took the $200 and honestly, I thought nothing of it because they are nice Jackets. When I got home, I tried on my XXL. Not sure how big XXL is in Italy cause it did not even come close to being a XXL. So now I start to wonder why this is so under sized. i did a Google search for R.D.G jackets and found this blog From what I read online it could have been worse. It was a $200 lesson, but at least I can give 2 gifts that can not be returned. The other 2 I can try to sell on Ebay
    Timeshareforums Shirts and Mugs on sale now! http://www.cafepress.com/ts4ms

Sorry you got taken Frank, but at least it makes for a very interesting story! (And way less painful than buying a timeshare at full price!)

Comment

Frank, don't feel too bad, I'm sure the jackets are easily worth $50 each!

Maria's

Comment

Remember when we were younger, Frank? It was big speakers out of the back of a van.
        ... not enough time for all the timeshares ®

Comment

At least they are not pleather jackets made in China ! Or are they ?

I remember the speaker scam. I bought a set along with a cassette tape player and amp at a swap meet. I installed these in my 66 Malibu SS. My girlfriend, now wife, looked at the boxes I was tossing and asked me why is Pioneer spelled Pionear ? All of the stuff had Pionear on it. The speaker grill, deck and amp.

Comment

Don't feel bad Frank, you're in global company:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCYtpaO6MMA

Comment

Working...
            X