Stoned in Mexico

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stoned in Mexico

So we head to Mexico to surprise some friends. We end up in PV at the VDP for 3 nights in their newly remodeled signature rooms which was nice enough. We go to bed and I wake up at 3 am with a sore back so I head to the living room couch thinking it must be the bed. Im now using Alieve for the discomfort. This goes on for 3 nights.

We then drive over to Nuevo Vallarta to say hi to our friends and to check in. The resort is at capacity so we end up in a studio with a couch but are promised a beach front penthouse on Friday. Anyway, the pain in my back is now changing to a numbing feeling like when your foot falls asleep on my left side. I talk to too many people but the thought was 1. shingles 2. pinched nerve 3. kidney infection. Im now using my Vicodin and agree to go to the spa for a massage. The 5th night with this pain I realize Im passing kidney stones. I make it to Mega and get lemon juice and do the lemon juice kidney stone treatment for stones. The stones start to melt and in 9 days Im back to feeling pretty good.

Because I left everyone else in charge of the penthouse it was given away. I told my wife to go pay the upgrade fee and she kept telling me the resort was holding the penthouse so no worries. Friday morning comes along and we pack and go down to get the key to the penthouse. The guy that was holding it for us has the day off and the new guy rented the freakin thing out first thing that morning. No bueno !!!!

I feel like shit so all I want to do is lay down but because we packed our stuff the maids are now tearing the room apart. My wife wants a one bed unit like on our reservation but there are 85 people checking in and 70 people checking out. I take our stuff back into our studio while the maid is working on the room and then head to the pool where our friends are. I pop some Vicodin so Im not feeling as bad.

Before I knew it was a stone I end up calling my doctor who calls back with the news that there is no way for their office to help me unless I can come in. I check my travel insurance and seriously am thinking of either going home early or going to the Puerto Vallarta hospital.

Last month my wife ended up at the Kona ER for an ear infection. This month I get a stone in Puerto Vallarta. Im hopeing our next trip in Feb is uneventful in the getting laid up dealio. I bet you thought we were getting stoned in Mexico instead of passing stones in Mexico.

Bill

Originally posted by easyrider View Post
    ... I bet you thought we were getting stoned in Mexico instead of passing stones in Mexico.

Bill
    I bet you wish you were.

Comment

Sounds thouroughly unpleasant!

Comment

Eww. I don't even like the sound of that.
        Don

Comment

Yeah, it was a tough go !

Comment

They say passing stones while stoned is a good thing. No , really drink lots of beer it will piss out and kills the infection plus give you a buzz. See I told you, It is a good thing
            Timeshareforums Shirts and Mugs on sale now! http://www.cafepress.com/ts4ms

Comment

Even better without the passing.

Comment

Working...
              X