Boston area advice please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boston area advice please

We are staying at Oak n'Spruce in the Berkshires and flying out of Boston 3 days later (July 7th). We have previously visited Boston, so don't need to stay in the city, as prices are high. Any suggestions for somewhere nearby to stay that might be charming/picturesque and not prohibitively expensive? Near the ocean would be nice, but I know that puts the price up accordingly.

Have you ever been to Newport RI? I was just there for a week and really enjoyed it.

You can Priceline a hotel the Newport, Jamestown or somewhere in the vicinity...slower pace then Boston..

Susan

Comment

If you can swing the metro train up to Portland Maine (Amtrack Downeaster i believe) .. you might find something there.

Comment

Gloucester, Ipswich, Salem (witch trials, house of the seven gables), Newburyport, all North Shore and north of Boston. I love Newburyport, but that's me, quaint shops, good restaurants etc. Gloucester is where "The Perfect Storm" was set, with the fishing fleet. Ipswich is also coastal, though I've never spent any time there. Each should not be difficult to get to the airport since you are north of the city and the airport is actually slightly north and very east of the city.

Joy
        “ Peace, if it ever exists, will not be based on the fear of war but on the love of peace. ”

— Herman Wouk

Comment

Great suggestions. Will check them out. Thanks all!

Comment

Originally posted by happymum View Post
            Great suggestions. Will check them out. Thanks all!
            If you are going to go to Gloucester, I think you need to catch up on Wicked Tuna. http://channel.nationalgeographic.co...a-tca-trailer/

Comment

Not familiar with it. Will check that too.

Comment

Working...
              X