Pictures from my security camera

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pictures from my security camera

Last year we bought a house on the American River next to the William O Douglas wilderness area which is not too far from Mt Rainer. We hid a key on site so that others could use the place. All we wanted was a heads up if some one was planning on visiting. I also installed game cameras to see what comes and goes.

So far I have not found Big Foot but I have caught the neighbors taking fire wood and trying to get into our "cabin" which is a 2 story 3 bedroom house. Teenagers trying to break in. Hunters stealing wood. Some deer and authorized visitors.

I called the neighbors and they apologized and explained that guest were using their cabin and since our wood sheds are back to back they probably just grabbed what was easiest. They explained these people trying to get into my cabin as just curiously looking into the windows. They could be right as they didn't try to force their way in. They asked how I knew this and I told them through my security cameras.

The teenagers were identified as my nieces friends who couldn't find the hidden key because I removed it. They actually tried to force the security doors open but must have spooked because they left in a hurry. They know that I know so it should be fun to see how they react when I see them next.

The hunters were illegally camped on the far edge of the property. When I arrived I told them they were on private property. They said they had permission from another property owner. I didn't know who or what the dealio was so I went to our cabin and looked at a camera. This is when I saw that their truck had pulled up and took some wood. I then drove over and told them that they took firewood without permission and I didn't appreciate that, then headed out. When I got back one of the guys said that their group mistakenly grabbed fire wood out of my shed instead of the other cabin shed and would replace it, which they over did.

The deer show up all night long three or four times a week. Mostly small ones but an occasional buck. I am amazed at how much use this place gets by family members and some friends. Friends show up to see if we are there because there is no phone service. Family members show up and use the place. My nephew was able to take down an elk this archery season. We have been wheeling and motorcycling all over the mountains. Fishing kind of sucks up here because the fish are so small and it is fly fishing only. There are a few lakes with lunkers nearby.

Anyway, the cameras were a good investment, imo.

Bill

How many times have you been shot?
    RCI Member Since 24-Aug-1989/150-plus Exchanges***THE TIMESHARE GRIM REAPER~~~Exchanging/Searching/SW Florida/MO/AR/IA/Consumer Advocacy/Estate Planning/Sports/Boating/Fishing/Golf/Lake-living/Retirement****Sometimes ya just gotta be a dick

Comment

I have added a dash cam for the car, and sometimes use it when on the maxi scooter. I have a camera for the house, but don't have it fully functional yet. At this time, it is mostly for checking in on the dog. I had hoped to have it in use for halloween to allow my wife to see the kids at the door (I am the one handing out candy and kidding with the kids) but I didn't get it running by then.

I think security cameras are a good idea.
      Don

Comment

My wife wanted me to install video cams in the cabin but I would rather not see or hear what is happening inside. I like game cameras because they are so easy to use. The only problem is that they are also so easy to steal.

Comment

so how do you see what the cameras see... is it a wi-fi or something else

I installed security cameras around my home for the times when Im away. The problem I have is that if I see some suspicious activity I cant do anything, from 3000 miles away

Comment

I was told by a deputy ten years ago to "get it recorded."

I did.

It didn't make any difference.

RCI Member Since 24-Aug-1989/150-plus Exchanges***THE TIMESHARE GRIM REAPER~~~Exchanging/Searching/SW Florida/MO/AR/IA/Consumer Advocacy/Estate Planning/Sports/Boating/Fishing/Golf/Lake-living/Retirement****Sometimes ya just gotta be a dick

Comment

I can look at the screen by opening the trail camera and view the pictures or videos or use a usb cable to my laptop and download the pictures or videos. All of my pictures get loaded to the laptop is my preferred way to view them. Then I delete the pictures from both.

So I am downloading to view and can only do this if no one steals or shoots my cameras, and only when I physically go to the cameras.

In my case, the new deputy is a young guy that gave me a load of crap at the boat launch when I told him to stay off my boat and asked him if he knew what he was doing. I called his boss on his cell phone while this guy was telling me the rules of boating and after they spoke his attitude had changed. The guy that he replaced is a friend of mine that retired last year. So now Im on first name basis with the new deputy and might see him on search and rescue activities.

Comment

Guess I need to take some lessons in diplomacy.

Comment

My husband uses a deer cam outside. Then he puts the SD card in his laptop to view it.

Comment

My newest pictures include my niece and her college friends having a party. About 20 people showed up in 4 vehicles. I had told my niece there is a camera pointed to the front door. Anyway, the girls found the camera and did some poses. About 1am and every hour after until 4am one of the girls would go out and pee behind a car in front of the camera. I was impressed that they were still up partying until almost 5am and cleaning up the place by 10am.

I showed my niece the pictures and she downloaded her loaded friend taking a pee. You really can't see anything but the pile of paper towels that accumulated over the night is funny.

On our way up we noticed the Sheriffs suv was parked kind of oddly with no one inside. We slowed down but didn't see anyone. An hour later on our way back the suv was still there and we didn't see anyone so we turned around to see what was going on. As we pulled up to the suv we noticed that the deputy had just started the suv. We get window to window and say hi. It was a new guy that we didn't know. He asked us if we needed help and we told him we had turned around to check on him because the suv was parked in an odd place at an odd angle. I think it made his day. Even though we exchanged names I bet he check our license plate to be sure and would have viewed that we both have ccl's.

Comment

Brought back memories. When my daughter was 14 we got a call from security at our cottage asking if two men had permission to be in our house. No they did not. Police were called, surrounded house, using loudspeakers, finally to 16 year old boys walk out the door. Mt daughter gave them a key to enjoy themselves at our house.
                      Another time my daughter and girlfriend are with us at cottage, her parents are out of town. Her mother calls, and it doesn't sound good. Daughter gave key to high school friends and they were having big party at the house.
                      These girls are grown up and responsible adults and still friends and have some good laughs at the trouble they got into

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                      X