Major life change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I
    This thread had me thinking about getting rid of things slowly but surely. What I have is my husbands family things. I told my son when you visit let me know if you will ever want any of these things. If it is no from both kids, no use wasting space with these things now

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Luanne View Post
      Not always. I have very little of my parents' things and I'm even trying to get rid of a couple of chairs my mom handed down to me. I've never really been a collector of "stuff". My older daughter is much more of a collector than I am. She has Mom's china (I didn't like it).
      Maybe you can get her to take more of their things lol.
      Jacki

Comment

Originally posted by rapmarks View Post
        I
        This thread had me thinking about getting rid of things slowly but surely. What I have is my husbands family things. I told my son when you visit let me know if you will ever want any of these things. If it is no from both kids, no use wasting space with these things now

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
        Agreed. I don't want my kids to have to do it when we are gone. And I dread doing it when my mom goes. She's not too bad, but her husband is a hoarder.
        jackio
        Gold Contributor
        Last edited by jackio; 07-30-2017, 12:16 PM. Reason: Typo
        Jacki

Comment

Originally posted by jackio View Post
          Maybe you can get her to take more of their things lol.
          I almost got her to take the chairs, but they can't really use them either. We've really pared down and my sister has been slowly weeding out Mom's stuff (Mom is still going strong at 96 and lives with my sister).
          Luanne

Comment

Deep sigh. I suspect that I am not the only one who finds this thread a depressing reminder of work that needs to be done - or at least started!

Comment

Originally posted by happymum View Post
              Deep sigh. I suspect that I am not the only one who finds this thread a depressing reminder of work that needs to be done - or at least started!
              Moving, and downsizing, was a huge push for us.
              Luanne

Comment

Good luck, Jacki. It will be a big change. I moved 800 miles south by myself to a 55+ and after 7 yrs, I still feel it's one of the best decisions I made. I had some garage sales, gave a lot of stuff away and since my son was living in/buying my house, I left just about everything else. Got lucky in that respect.
                Pat H

Comment

Working...
                X