My Occasional How Much Was Your Utility Bill Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Occasional How Much Was Your Utility Bill Thread

Which I ask every time we get a really low bill. . .

The current bill is about as good as it gets. We are all-lectric, and on a well, so this is everything . . . $71.35.

It is for 9/13-10/15 and our average high was 75 and average low was 55.
    RCI Member Since 24-Aug-1989/150-plus Exchanges***THE TIMESHARE GRIM REAPER~~~Exchanging/Searching/SW Florida/MO/AR/IA/Consumer Advocacy/Estate Planning/Sports/Boating/Fishing/Golf/Lake-living/Retirement****Sometimes ya just gotta be a dick

Do you sit in the dark, wear wet clothing and eat out?

Comment

Geez, I wish my bill were that small. I do the "Happy Snoopy Dance" when mine in under $130 and that is for just electric. We heat with oil....lucky us!

Joy
      “ Peace, if it ever exists, will not be based on the fear of war but on the love of peace. ”

— Herman Wouk

Comment

We used to live in an apartment that was identical to the one my in-laws lived in, in another building. We would get utility bills of about $250. Theirs would be $40, $50, maybe $70 if they really went crazy with the air conditioning. I used to ask, "What do you do, unplug the refrigerator and let it coast?"

Comment

I knew I wasn't paranoid . . . I knew someone was spying on me. (still)

Originally posted by jericap
          Do you sit in the dark, wear wet clothing and eat out?
          RCI Member Since 24-Aug-1989/150-plus Exchanges***THE TIMESHARE GRIM REAPER~~~Exchanging/Searching/SW Florida/MO/AR/IA/Consumer Advocacy/Estate Planning/Sports/Boating/Fishing/Golf/Lake-living/Retirement****Sometimes ya just gotta be a dick

Comment

We're on level pay so our bill doesn't vary very much.

Electric right now is $81/month
            Gas just jumped from $77 to $88/month.

No, we don't live in the dark. Total square footage of our house if around 2,300 sq. ft with 1,300 sq. foot upstairs and 1,000 finished sq. ft. downstairs. There is a total of 5 bedroom, 3 baths, two fireplaces and a wet bar with mini-fridge. When we built the home, total cost including putting in the lawn, privacy fence, deck and hot tub (we've since gotten rid of the hot tub and saved $30 on our electric bill), it cost us $125,000 all in.

What can I say. When you don't have an ocean or mountain range nearby, prices are more realistic. I'm not paying for a view. I'm paying for a home. I use my timeshares to provide me with the occasional view.

For a year I did travel nursing. I was more profitable for me to remaining living here and flying back and forth to work. Now there were certain things I needed to make that work like working 6 nights in a row (essentially two weeks worth of work) so that I only had to fly twice per month but, at that time, I could make $19/hour more than I was making at that time back home. Things have changed and now the wage difference for me would only be $12/hour. The additional cost of travel and loss of things like paid vacation and defined contribution pension plan make not worth the effort. Besides, sometimes it's just better to sleep in your own bed rather than on a cheap matress rented for you by your travel company.
            Our timeshare and other photo's at http://dougp26364.smugmug.com/

Comment

Our electric bill for the month of Oct. was $81. We have geothermal heat/air system, but it was not used much because of the mild weather we had last month. Also we have the tankless water heater that uses gas.

Comment

My Electric is about $220 a month, My lovely wife leaves every single light that she can find on every floor That I am not on.
                Timeshareforums Shirts and Mugs on sale now! http://www.cafepress.com/ts4ms

Comment

We went to the budget plan. Every month is the same for both g & e. $291

Supposedly they tally up at the end of the year to see who owes whom. That should be interesting.
                  Lawren
                  ------------------------
                  There are many wonderful places in the world, but one of my favourite places is on the back of my horse.
                  - Rolf Kopfle

Comment

I had a $ 56.49 bill for August and September was only 90.90 while October was $ 113.15. I conserve as much as possible and we are all electric- including water pumping. We also have the highest mainland US electric rates.

Comment

We just got our electric bill today (and we are all electric)..down to $135. This past month we have had heat, A/C and open windows. During the summer months our bill runs about $210-$230. We have about 1600 sq. ft, and high (cathedral) ceilings w/ ceiling fans in all rooms. And no shade trees.

Comment

I need to move.....

Comment

I was amazed as it usually runs around $86 but since I remodeled and got new windows, new heat pump it was only $54!! Total electric, A Frame with around 1100 sq feet. I'm a happy camper. This is without updating the hot water heater. Woo wee !!!! shaggy

Comment

ripped off on Long Island

We probably have one of the highest utility bills in the country. I have an average sized house just under 2000 square feet and my new budget is $353 for electric (central air) and $272 for gas (gas heat) per month.
                            LARRY

Comment

Originally posted by bigfrank
                              My Electric is about $220 a month, My lovely wife leaves every single light that she can find on every floor That I am not on.
                              Change to compact florecent lights. At least they only burn 6 to 15 watts rather then 60. We've changed every light in our house to CFS that's feasable. It took a little while to get use to how they warm up but other than that I'm happy with them.
                              Our timeshare and other photo's at http://dougp26364.smugmug.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X