No announcement yet.

My Occasional How Much Was Your Utility Bill Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have checked on our usage, but don't have the exact figures handy. Last month I believe we were around 1200.

We have extra charges or credits depending on how our co-op had to procure the electricity.
    RCI Member Since 24-Aug-1989/150-plus Exchanges***THE TIMESHARE GRIM REAPER~~~Exchanging/Searching/SW Florida/MO/AR/IA/Consumer Advocacy/Estate Planning/Sports/Boating/Fishing/Golf/Lake-living/Retirement****Sometimes ya just gotta be a dick

Comment

I have checked on our usage, but don't have the exact figures handy. Last month I believe we were around 1200.

We have extra charges or credits depending on how our co-op had to procure the electricity.

Carroll Electric | Welcome!
      RCI Member Since 24-Aug-1989/150-plus Exchanges***THE TIMESHARE GRIM REAPER~~~Exchanging/Searching/SW Florida/MO/AR/IA/Consumer Advocacy/Estate Planning/Sports/Boating/Fishing/Golf/Lake-living/Retirement****Sometimes ya just gotta be a dick

Comment

I just paid our electric bill - $206 for 2 months, electricity only. We use oil for heat and hot water. No air conditioners here during March and April. We used 1035 KWH.
        Jacki

Comment

Originally posted by JLB
          Our heat pump shot craps in February, with the only part of the central working since then being the emergency heating elements. You would think we would be screwed.

But, we have heated with three of those radiator-style space heaters, and the emergency heating strips only when it was really cold. It has been comfortable and we can heat just the areas that need it.

The first bill was $150. The one I just got is $109.

We have friends here who have also just been using their heat pump on emergency (elements only) this winter.

We are seriously considering getting two window AC units and forgetting about the central system for awhile. That $5000 is a little steep right now, and there are no rebates this year.

Funny, we bought a 51-year-old house in Florida, and it's systems (HVAC, electrical and plumbing) are better than our house here, since they were all updated 7 years ago.
          I have waited to update this until we got a bill from a really hot month.

We did get two $100 window ACs from Wal Mart, and they are keeping the house cooler than are heat pump/AC ever did. We have not had to set them lower than "5" on the "1" to "9" scale.

This month's bill is $116. So much for the "savings" the $5000 system would have brought us.

Since the window ACs are fine, and we will not be here in the winter, we can't think of any good reason to spend $5000 on a new heat pump.

Heck, that'll buy half a house around here.

Comment

I just paid $88 for gas for June. Not on level billing, doing that starting next month.
            $258 for electric. And that's one month, and it's not even July yet
            And my house is very small!

Comment

Actually our current bill is $112. $116 is the late payment amount.

Comment

Originally posted by JLB
                I have waited to update this until we got a bill from a really hot month.

We did get two $100 window ACs from Wal Mart, and they are keeping the house cooler than are heat pump/AC ever did. We have not had to set them lower than "5" on the "1" to "9" scale.

This month's bill is $116. So much for the "savings" the $5000 system would have brought us.

Since the window ACs are fine, and we will not be here in the winter, we can't think of any good reason to spend $5000 on a new heat pump.

Heck, that'll buy half a house around here.
                Also, we had a mega-crowd two weeks ago, and the popular congregation area, kitchen/Dining Room, stayed cool . . . never did with the heat pump AC.

Comment

With it being 100° every day, I added another window unit, this one in the master suite at the other end of the house.

The $100 ones are all gone, so I had to take the $117 one (only 2 left).

I work outside in the heat, so taking the cool is a bit difficult.

Comment

July electric bill = $228
                    July gas bill = $14

This is pretty normal. We are not on any plan so the bills vary every month.
                    John

Comment

Originally posted by JWC
                      July electric bill = $228
                      July gas bill = $14

This is pretty normal. We are not on any plan so the bills vary every month.
                      What was your average high temp?
                      - - - - -
                      We can buy more than 40 more window ACs for the price of one heat pump.

I have a suspicion heat pumps are overpriced for no more than they involve.

Comment

Originally posted by JLB
                        What was your average high temp?
                        - - - - -
                        We can buy more than 40 more window ACs for the price of one heat pump.

I have a suspicion heat pumps are overpriced for no more than they involve.
                        The bill was for July as we just got the bill. Average high temp was/is 97. We have central air that runs 24/7 with temp set at 76. A good portion of our bill is for our 3 pool pumps that run everyday.
                        John

Comment

Originally posted by JWC
                          The bill was for July as we just got the bill. Average high temp was/is 97. We have central air that runs 24/7 with temp set at 76. A good portion of our bill is for our 3 pool pumps that run everyday.
                          We'd have a pool pump, but our pool is 43,000 acres.

Just sayin'

Comment

Originally posted by JWC
                            Are you on SCE? If so-do you have the cycling discount?

Comment

On the way down to the dock, we noticed that the extended family's lakehouse has new little window ACs like ours. On the way back up I said to one of them, "I see you did what we did. Instead of buying a new heat pump, you put in window units."

His answer, "No, we have a new heat pump, too, but it is not working."

Ouch!

Comment

Originally posted by StressCadet View Post
                                Are you on SCE? If so-do you have the cycling discount?
                                Yes, we are on SCE but NO we do not have the cycling discount nor any other discount.
                                John

Comment

Working...
                                X