My Occasional How Much Was Your Utility Bill Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Budget Billing which was most recently recalculated in October is:
    73.00 Gas. 82.00 Electric(155.00. Same every month). House size, approx. 1850. Duplex.
    Bill

Comment

During the month of October we used 1057 kWh @ $0.0763 per kWH plus taxes, etc

Our Single Family House is 2,400 sq ft and is Total Electric

Comment

Originally posted by jericap
        I need to move.....
        You took the words right out of my mouth! I can't believe the numbers I am reading. I have a 2,700 sf house. My budget bills are $392 for electric and $450 a month for oil. The only one that was even close to mine was Larry's who is also from Long Island. What am I doing here?

Comment

Originally posted by abc31
          You took the words right out of my mouth! I can't believe the numbers I am reading. I have a 2,700 sf house. My budget bills are $392 for electric and $450 a month for oil. The only one that was even close to mine was Larry's who is also from Long Island. What am I doing here?
          Mine are high like this, too. I can't even bear to think about how high they get in the winter--the gas is what's expensive for us. We live in Northern NJ. In the summer our house is fairly cool, so we do better then...but winter months are stunning.

BTW, just a reminder for anyone switching to the compact fluorescent bulbs (which do make a big difference!)--they can't be used on lights with dimmer switches. The manufacturers have started making a special type that CAN be used with dimmers, but those are much more expensive and I've only seen them in a couple of stores.

Comment

My house is about 2700sf also. The electric bill is about 200/month. Which is low, usually runs about 250/month. We have oil heat and keep the house at about 66 degrees, we go through about 100/gals month currently but we can go as high as 160 gal/month depending on how cold and windy it gets. Thank goodness the price of oil dropped because near 4/gal..that's a lot of money a month!

Comment

Originally posted by abc31
              OK now those are really scarey numbers for budget billing!

I have to say that I saw a huge improvement after we insulated, resided and put in energy efficient double pane windows 2.5 years ago. Although our prices never dropped our usage did, so even with the higher utility costs our bills leveled out.

Our living space is ~ 2100sf and our supplier is O&R here in the lower Hudson Valley.
              Lawren
              ------------------------
              There are many wonderful places in the world, but one of my favourite places is on the back of my horse.
              - Rolf Kopfle

Comment

I don't want your bills....

House size approx 2,600 sq ft. Avg monthly electric bill $130. & propane bill $65.

Electric air and heat, electric dryer. Tankless water heater and stove are propane.

Outside of hurricane season- you can't beat living in Florida.
                my travel website: Vacation-Times.org.

"A vacation is what you take when you can no longer take what you’ve been taking."
                ~Earl Wilson

Comment

0.2425 net cost per kWh (kilowatt hour)

As Marty mentions what is the net cost per kWh (kilowatt hour). We have a 1,600 foot home and our bill was $173.64. And this is one of the lower months, with no air conditioners, very little heat, and no Christmas lights. What bothers is me is that bill is bases on using 716 kWh with is 0.2425 per kWh. Our electric utility is scheduled to get a 5% increase (15% increases on distribution costs) on January 1, 2009 and again on January 1, 2010.

Comment

This makes me feel a little better. my husband and i just bought our first house in june and got the first bill which included heat for last month... it was $440! includes electric too (and we have steam heat) and i thought the electic bills for central air during the summer were high!

i have to figure out how to use that timer for the heat this way i can save money on bills and go on more vacations

Comment

Our electric for October was $153., our gas was $41. Our usage for both was just about the same as last year at the same time. We live in a 2096 sq. ft. house with a 310 ft. guest house. Both units are on the same meter, and each has its own furnace. We use electricity for our clothes dryer and also our air conditioner. Our heat and cooking are gas, as is our outside BBQ (hooked to our house's natural gas line). We haven't used the heater since about mid-April.

Fern
                      Fern Modena
                      To email me, click here
                      No one can make you feel inferior without your permission--Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Wow, I knew utilities were low here, but WOW

Last month, my electric bill was $26 and gas was $17. We have gas heat/hot water. Everything else is electric. Admittedly, we used very little AC or heat that month, and we were out of town for a week or so, but my highest bills during the year for either are never above $150. One of the great things about living in the west....

Oh, house is about 2500 Sq ft.

Comment

I am finding my utility bills over here much better than they were in the states - typically about $30 for electricity, less than $10 water and sewer, $100 gas in winter. Tankless water heater provides hot water for both heat and domestic hot water. House is 3 storey, 3BR. We really don't go out of our way to conserve since my employer pays the utility bills and rent anyway.

Comment

2,300 sq ft. We both worked at home.

Electric: $84.97

Gas: $13.85

Water/Sewer: $31.30
                            "If a Nation expects to be ignorant and free in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.... If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
                            -- Thomas Jefferson to Col. Yancey, 1816

Comment

By coincidence my water / sewer bill came in today for last month. In US funds, it would be $7.09

Comment

Oh my....I better move..my electric is very high in Mexico. My home in states is very low...something is wrong with this picture, since electric in Mexico very unstable with lots of surges, brown outs, and such and in states very stable. Dios Mios!
                                Timeshare Addict - Mexico Travel Abounds - Happy Vacations!!

Comment

Working...
                                X