My Occasional How Much Was Your Utility Bill Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JWC
    Yes, we are on SCE but NO we do not have the cycling discount nor any other discount.
    Wow. That's a great price on your bill then. I know it's hard to compare apples to apples but I'm one pool pump, conservative AC use, and a cycling discount..and my SCE bill usually runs a lot higher than 228.00.

Comment

Originally posted by StressCadet View Post
      Wow. That's a great price on your bill then. I know it's hard to compare apples to apples but I'm one pool pump, conservative AC use, and a cycling discount..and my SCE bill usually runs a lot higher than 228.00.
      I expect next month's bill to be higher as we have a household full ( 10 ) of relatives staying with us.
      John

Comment

Last bill was
        Gas $16.55
        Electricity $487.86

Electricity is normally about half of that when we don't need air conditioning on. Also, our Air is set at 79 degrees to save money.

Comment

Our current bill is $149.

That's with many days over 100, some over 105 and some over 110.

That's running 3, and then 4, window ACs.

Previous summer bills with the heat pump, albeit older and inefficient perhaps, were $250-ish.
          RCI Member Since 24-Aug-1989/150-plus Exchanges***THE TIMESHARE GRIM REAPER~~~Exchanging/Searching/SW Florida/MO/AR/IA/Consumer Advocacy/Estate Planning/Sports/Boating/Fishing/Golf/Lake-living/Retirement****Sometimes ya just gotta be a dick

Comment

Weather was over 100º and generally about 105º most of the month except the first few days when we had monsoons. Had to run the air anyway due to humidity then. Keep air on 24/7, at 73º. I've found this to be efficient and comfortable for me, which higher is not.

Gas: $24.
            Electric: $224.

For me, that is a really good electric bill. Some years we've hit $430. or so one month of summer.

Fern
            Fern Modena
            To email me, click here
            No one can make you feel inferior without your permission--Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Don't hate me. I moved to a place about half the square footage of my house. Up on a hill with big shade trees and gets a gentle breeze more often than not even on the hottest days. I'm sure the all new appliances have a lot to do with less usage as well as not needing the 2 a/c units I bought very often so far.

Mid-June to mid-July electric was $55.80. Gas is included in rent.

I should get a steeper July-August bill as that is our hottest month.
              Lawren
              ------------------------
              There are many wonderful places in the world, but one of my favourite places is on the back of my horse.
              - Rolf Kopfle

Comment

Originally posted by lawren2 View Post
                Don't hate me.
                If saying that stops people from hating you, I'll have to give it a try.

RCI Member Since 24-Aug-1989/150-plus Exchanges***THE TIMESHARE GRIM REAPER~~~Exchanging/Searching/SW Florida/MO/AR/IA/Consumer Advocacy/Estate Planning/Sports/Boating/Fishing/Golf/Lake-living/Retirement****Sometimes ya just gotta be a dick

Comment

Originally posted by JLB View Post
                  If saying that stops people from hating you, I'll have to give it a try.

It doesn't work well but deflects some. Type A people with the data to back them up aren't the most loveable.
                  Lawren
                  ------------------------
                  There are many wonderful places in the world, but one of my favourite places is on the back of my horse.
                  - Rolf Kopfle

Comment

I just got our latest bills yesterday. As I said earlier, I expected the electric bill to increase a lot as there were 11 of us living in our house for 2 weeks and the temps were hotter with many days hitting 100+. Normally there are just the 2 of us. I also had the pool pumps running more because everybody was using the pool/spa all day and in the evening.

Electric Bill = $315
                    Gas Bill = $15
                    John

Comment

• Originally posted by JWC
                      I just got our latest bills yesterday. As I said earlier, I expected the electric bill to increase a lot as there were 11 of us living in our house for 2 weeks and the temps were hotter with many days hitting 100+. Normally there are just the 2 of us. I also had the pool pumps running more because everybody was using the pool/spa all day and in the evening.

Electric Bill = $315
                      Gas Bill = $15
                      Since your last mention of your pool pump, I have installed one on our 43000 acre pool.

Like everything else on the dock, it is solar powered.

Comment

• Our current bill says the average daily high during the billing period was 98°.

Wow!

$177.

Comment

• No gas. Electric averages $180/month all year.
                          Pool, spa, AC 24/7 (but set at 78); average temps June through September mid 90's.

Comment

• Mid July to mid Aug. Average Temp 78F. Just electric $65.03
                            Lawren
                            ------------------------
                            - Rolf Kopfle

Comment

• No rain and hot

[MARQUEE][/MARQUEE]our bill last month and this month both about $175.00 average temp over 103 we only had one day under 100 in the past 43 days....we are so ready for releif.....where's the RAIN.......

Comment

• Originally posted by lawren2
                                Mid July to mid Aug. Average Temp 78F. Just electric $65.03
                                When did you move to Alaska?

Comment

Working...
                                X