X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LT Hinge Failure

Anyone ever hear of a LT hinge failing?

I opened it the other day, and SNAP!!!

One of hinges is frozen and the plastic wrapped around it, holding that side of the display to it just snapped like, uh, plastic.
    RCI Member Since 24-Aug-1989/150-plus Exchanges***THE TIMESHARE GRIM REAPER~~~Exchanging/Searching/SW Florida/MO/AR/IA/Consumer Advocacy/Estate Planning/Sports/Boating/Fishing/Golf/Lake-living/Retirement****Sometimes ya just gotta be a dick

LT as in LapTop? Hubby says, "Yeah, they break, and you have to replace it" -- the hinge, not the lap top.

Now if you're talking an unhinged Lieutenant, can't help you.

Comment

Yup, I had the hinge and screen plastic come apart twice. First time, DH took it apart, repaired and glued it back together. It held for over a year, then the other plastic over the other hinge broke. It's about six years old, so now it's my desktop computer.
      Jeanne

Comment

That pretty much desribes the situation. The metal hinge is frozen and the plastic that surrounded it snapped off when I open the display.

How did you fix it? Where did you get a new hinge, etc.?

Thanks
        RCI Member Since 24-Aug-1989/150-plus Exchanges***THE TIMESHARE GRIM REAPER~~~Exchanging/Searching/SW Florida/MO/AR/IA/Consumer Advocacy/Estate Planning/Sports/Boating/Fishing/Golf/Lake-living/Retirement****Sometimes ya just gotta be a dick

Comment

I Googled it and see there are replacement hinges.

I also removed the hinge cover to look at the hinge better, and I can't figure out why it is frozen. It is frozen pointing forward, and up just a tad.

Comment

not worth fixing just live with it, no big deal
            Timeshareforums Shirts and Mugs on sale now! http://www.cafepress.com/ts4ms

Comment

Originally posted by bigfrank View Post
              not worth fixing just live with it, no big deal
              1. It will not close and latch.

2. When it moves inadvertently, is disconnects the power, or the display, or . . .

3. It's a bitch to carry it to the printer, downstairs.

4. I'm sure there's other reasons why spending twenty bucks would be a good idea. If I knew what to do with what.

I'll just google it some more.

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbIVFjLBPeU

Comment

Working...
                X