Big Fish Games .... scam come-on?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big Fish Games .... scam come-on?

I am not a gamer. The only gamer in my family is a 24yr old son who is in boot camp with no access to a phone, smart phone, or computer for weeks. Yesterday I received four emails ... bam, bam, bam, bam.

1. Confirm Your Big Fish Games Account
    2. Welcome to Big Fish Game Club
    3. Big Fish Games Order Confirmation
    4. Welcome to Big Fish Games

I clicked on no links in them, but troubling was number three which billed me for $2.09 for "Lost in Night"
    Obviously they have my email but also showed my full name and snailmail address.

Any idea what's going on here ... or anyone have a similar experience?
    ... not enough time for all the timeshares ®

Sounds to me like someone may be testing to see if they can steal your ID and credit info. It might not be a bad idea to contact Big Fish Games to see if they can figure out who placed the order/if the order is real. My last credit card was shut off when someone tried ordering a .99 music download in California, so I'm thinking the crooks are starting small to see what they can get away with. Also, no one is going to do much research over a small charge and they might just go unnoticed.

Comment

It is common. I can't speak about Big Fish gamers, but gamers in general are targeted regularly. Contact the company via their website or phone, don't use the email links to contact them.

Comment

Big Fish Games is a real company. I've bought game downloads from them--the games cost about $2 or $3.

I would call them or email them, but I would also send your son a note and ask him if he might have downloaded a game. Maybe he unexpectedly got access to a smartphone and decided to download a quick game.

Comment

Originally posted by wackymother View Post
          Big Fish Games is a real company. I've bought game downloads from them--the games cost about $2 or $3.

I would call them or email them, but I would also send your son a note and ask him if he might have downloaded a game. Maybe he unexpectedly got access to a smartphone and decided to download a quick game.
          24yr old son ... is in BOOT CAMP with no access to a phone, smart phone, or computer for weeks.

Comment

You could try asking the "bfgFlounder" , a mod for the Lost in Night game.

http://forums.bigfishgames.com/forums/show/3043.page

http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/home (customer help)
            CarolF
            Last edited by CarolF; 02-24-2013, 09:16 PM. Reason: added customer help link

Comment

Originally posted by Spence View Post
              24yr old son ... is in BOOT CAMP with no access to a phone, smart phone, or computer for weeks.
              I've never been in BOOT CAMP, but I thought maybe they might have allowed him access to a smartphone even for a minute even in BOOT CAMP. Maybe if you repeat it a few times I will get it through my thick skull.

Comment

Originally posted by Spence View Post
                Originally posted by wackymother View Post
                I've never been in BOOT CAMP, but I thought maybe they might have allowed him access to a smartphone even for a minute even in BOOT CAMP. Maybe if you repeat it a few times I will get it through my thick skull.
                In BOOT CAMP explained why there was "no access to a phone, smart phone, or computer for weeks." It wasn't necessary but described why there was no access to a phone, smart phone, or computer for weeks.

From his Commander:
                Please understand that sending and receiving mail is a federally protected right, but access to email and phone are not.

Boot Camp is worse than jail in some respects.

Comment

Working...
                X