Microsoft Windows, Security Essentials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Microsoft Windows, Security Essentials

Anyone having it, please rate http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/w...tials-download for me.

I've had Kaspersky for past 2 years, but that does cost. 15 days remain on that purchase.

My pc came with Windows, but for only 3 mounths. I've gotten by without, but now I'm planning to purchase.

I'm being advised that by loading Microsoft Windows, it will give Security Essentials also. I'm wondering about 'just how safe'? Have you had issues with Security Essentials?
    Robert

Originally posted by RESORT2ME View Post
    Anyone having it, please rate http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/w...tials-download for me.

I've had Kaspersky for past 2 years, but that does cost. 15 days remain on that purchase.

My pc came with Windows, but for only 3 mounths. I've gotten by without, but now I'm planning to purchase.

I'm being advised that by loading Microsoft Windows, it will give Security Essentials also. I'm wondering about 'just how safe'? Have you had issues with Security Essentials?
    I'll recommend it. I've used it for several years with no problems. I'd have to say it's the best free anti-virus software that you can get.

It doesn't come with Windows (not sure about Windows 8), you'll probably have to download and then install it. Very simple process.

Comment

Not recommended. Go with Avast! free version. Much better at keeping up to date and more reliable than any MS product. You can also get a paid version but the free one is adequate for most users. Also use Malwarebytes, Spybot and CCleaner to keep things humming. All free downloads.

Comment

I've also had good protection experience with Avast free.

Comment

I've used Security Essentials for 6 months with no problems. I like it.

Comment

I have used Security Essentials for more than 3 years and have been happy with its protection. I have it update definitions daily and scan daily. It is caught the few viruses that tried to get to my computer.
            Mike H
            Wyndham Fairshare Plus Owners, Be cool and join the Wyndham/FairfieldHOA forum!

Comment

Thanks all.
              Robert

Comment

Working...
              X