No announcement yet.

Help!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When my computer was upgraded had trouble also, failed, took it in to Geek Squad and they did it

Comment

I am holding out that mine does not need a major re-doing, that something was simply done at the last "clean-up" that needs to be found, and fixed.

Kinda strange, when I "Run as Administrator" to check my aol mail, some sites still recognize me and some sites see me as trying to access "from another computer."

I'm thinking it is a setting that needs setting, or something like that.
      RCI Member Since 24-Aug-1989/150-plus Exchanges***THE TIMESHARE GRIM REAPER~~~Exchanging/Searching/SW Florida/MO/AR/IA/Consumer Advocacy/Estate Planning/Sports/Boating/Fishing/Golf/Lake-living/Retirement****Sometimes ya just gotta be a dick

Comment

I just upgraded my PC from win 8.1 to 10. It was a project. I tried twice downloading from the Microsoft website. First time failed before the installation, second during the installation. Then I tried the icon on the toolbar that offered the upgrade. Again, first time failed but was successful at last. Win 10 looks much like 8.1 and seems to work fine. I hope that there has been enough time for them to work the bugs out. The nice thing is that the programs all stayed right where they were (just like they said). So far, all seems to be working normally.
        Tom

Comment

Originally posted by tonyg View Post
          Get new techies.
          Agree

Flying at MACH4 +

Comment

Maybe some of your Hog farmer next door neighbors hacked the JLB network!

Send over your lawyers.
            Flying at MACH4 +

Comment

I wont try to upgrade operating systems.. Ive done it in the past on other computers (ME to XP. XP to 8 and then back to 7 and Mac OS7 to 8 and 8 to 9 even 9 to X) and it never went smoothly and it never worked as well as buying a new machine with the new operating system already installed. So Im not even going to try any more... Im just gonna buy a new computer every couple of years

Comment

[QUOTE=ronparise;594364]I wont try to upgrade operating systems.. Ive done it in the past on other computers (ME to XP. XP to 8 and then back to 7 and Mac OS7 to 8 and 8 to 9 even 9 to X) and it never went smoothly and it never worked as well as buying a new machine with the new operating system already installed. So Im not even going to try any more... Im just gonna buy a new computer every couple of years[/QUOT

at the prices out now you can get a nice lap top for $300 many of my home computers are using windows 10. I like windows 7 pro and am not doing the free upgrade to 10
                Timeshareforums Shirts and Mugs on sale now! http://www.cafepress.com/ts4ms

Comment

I "upgraded" to 10 quite a while ago. I lost the ability to print, had no sound and found navigating more difficult. After spending several days and hours trying to get everything working, I went back to 7 pro and I'm staying with it.

Comment

For now, I guess I'm OK with "Run as Administrator" for just one site.

I'll give my techies a chance to make things right.
                    RCI Member Since 24-Aug-1989/150-plus Exchanges***THE TIMESHARE GRIM REAPER~~~Exchanging/Searching/SW Florida/MO/AR/IA/Consumer Advocacy/Estate Planning/Sports/Boating/Fishing/Golf/Lake-living/Retirement****Sometimes ya just gotta be a dick

Comment

As I said, I upgraded a couple days ago with no problems at all. Now I have had a chance to use it and I am very happy with Windows 10. I just down loaded and installed the Windows 7 games for Windows 10 and it works like it did . I play hearts a lot while I am waiting for virus scans etc. Windows 10 is very similar to Windows 7. I have Windows 10 Pro as I was running Windows 7 Professional.

I got rid of the Windows Cortana/Search box on the task bar so now the task bar looks just like it did.

Windows 10 Professional has many pros and I haven't found any cons yet.
                      John

Comment

Originally posted by JWC View Post
                        I haven't found any cons yet.
                        They're all running for office.

Comment

I have been running Win 10 for almost a week now and all seems to be fine. The only hitch was that I had to download new printer drivers. I would say that with fair computer skills the download and installation of Windows 10 was the easiest upgrade yet. Of course, the free download of the upgrade is "over" but I bet it is still available. (i haven't looked)
                          Tom

Comment

The windows 10 icon on the bottom bar of my desktop computer screen vanished on August 30, 2016.

Comment

Originally posted by tonyg View Post
                              The windows 10 icon on the bottom bar of my desktop computer screen vanished on August 30, 2016.

Tony are you predicting the future?
                              Flying at MACH4 +

Comment

Why not ?

Comment

Working...
                                X