Diving Kauai v. Big Island?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diving Kauai v. Big Island?

I know that diving on the Big Island will be spectac. We were going to book two weeks but I'm now considering the second week on Kauai instead. How does the diving compare?

I hope that your going to Kauai to scuba before I get there so you give a report. We are heading to Kauai next winter. From what I have heard, many of the fun dives are deeper drift dives between 60 - 80 ft. Many of the operators say they require your log book and with some dives they require a minimum amount of dives logged.

So basically, I don't know but can't wait to find out first hand

You might log into the PADI scuba earth and view some trip reports.

https://www.scubaearth.com/

Comment

My DS did three dives with Big Island Divers in January. He was totally bowled over by the manta ray experience.

Comment

Originally posted by happymum View Post
        My DS did three dives with Big Island Divers in January. He was totally bowled over by the manta ray experience.
        Yes, we will def do that one. I snorkeled it at night when we were there last, we actually had as much or more manta action as the divers did. I know the BI is fabulous for diving. I loved the snorkeling on Kauai but just not sure if it's worth leaving BI to dive Kauai or if we should just stay in one place. I didn't think I'd have a good Kauai opportunity so far in advance - hard to decide!

Comment

I have not been to Kauai in many, many years but am wanting to go back, badly. Divers greed.

DS and I did a snorkel trip and all the boats left out of Lihue. I cannot imagine the diving off Na Pali Coast being anything short of amazing due to what we saw on that excursion and yes we did snorkel quite a bit in Hanalei area and Ke'e and that was incredible.
          Lawren
          ------------------------
          There are many wonderful places in the world, but one of my favourite places is on the back of my horse.
          - Rolf Kopfle

Comment

You ladies are going to keep telling me great scuba stories until I cave and try it, aren't you.
            And look - a new and improved dancing banana, how did I miss seeing that before?

Comment

Originally posted by happymum View Post
              You ladies are going to keep telling me great scuba stories until I cave and try it, aren't you.
              And look - a new and improved dancing banana, how did I miss seeing that before?
              Try it, you'll like it!!

Comment

Working...
              X