Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Squeaky Wheel (calling all cyber-mechanics, not a joke)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I went back and forth a few times in the driveway and braked hard - sound gone!!!

thankyouthankyouthankyou!!!!

I will take it in today to have it looked at, though. I need to drive through some funky areas tomorrow, not that I'd want to get stuck anywhere. I'm sure the brakes need some atten$ion.

Comment

if you drive your car, you must use the brakes, rotors/disks - the area that the pads contact are never rusty, the areas that the pads don't, do oxidize. Just drive it to a shop you trust and have them fix it. A shop that shows you rusty rotors and says that needs fixing, is not a shop I would trust. If you like, I'll come over and take it to some trustworthy place, knowing where you live, I may have to drive it a long way, or get BF to have one of his relatives take care of it.
      ... not enough time for all the timeshares ®

Comment

Originally posted by Spence View Post
        if you drive your car, you must use the brakes, rotors/disks - the area that the pads contact are never rusty, the areas that the pads don't, do oxidize. Just drive it to a shop you trust and have them fix it. A shop that shows you rusty rotors and says that needs fixing, is not a shop I would trust. If you like, I'll come over and take it to some trustworthy place, knowing where you live, I may have to drive it a long way, or get BF to have one of his relatives take care of it.
        Ha!

I did take it to my local place instead of the other one, they replaced the rotors, whether they needed replacing or not

Comment

Originally posted by Glitter Brunello View Post
          Ha!

I did take it to my local place instead of the other one, they replaced the rotors, whether they needed replacing or not
          Your lucky they did not have to cut or replace the disks
          Timeshareforums Shirts and Mugs on sale now! http://www.cafepress.com/ts4ms

Comment

Ha! I did take it to my local place instead of the other one, they replaced the rotors, whether they needed replacing or not
            Originally posted by bigfrank View Post
            Your lucky they did not have to cut or replace the disks
            BF, I'm glad you're not my mechanic, or my editor.
            ... not enough time for all the timeshares ®

Comment

Ha!

I'm guessing the pads as well? Did they show you the rotors? Sometimes it will get a groove/wear that's too deep to be machined out, but more often now it's a problem that they warp.

Glad you got it fixed!
              Scott

Comment

Working...
              X