I am a holy moley!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am a holy moley!!

I don't know what has happened to my skin but my back is covered in moles, skin tags & other assorted stuff, rash , which I thought might be flea bites so went to the dermatologist. First thing , was you are really tan.. Huh? I haven't even been to the beach yet. Got this from riding with the top down on my mini!! See doc, my legs are white!!He said none of my moles are cancerous but I asked him to please remove the tags & moles that were irritating my skin. Medicare won't pay for this!! To make a long story short for $65 he told his assistant to remove as many as 15 , some Dr's charge 75 a mole so I thought hey I'll take that. I was in true pain, some he snipped, some he froze & some he had to give me shots before he snipped. What a lovely day. I have been itching for a long time & it did get better with the medicine. I also have a big lump behind my ear. He didn't know what that was but gave me a cortisone shot right in the middle of the lump.. damn that hurt . What's up with these cortisone shots? It must be a cureall for everything as he didn't know what the lump was but he wanted to give me a shot? He also froze an area that felt like needles going thru my skin. I am a baby so I told him I was the nicest worse patient he'll ever meet.

I told him I used to be a lifeguard growing up and he wants me to wear no less than 50 spf. prefers 75 . I told him Bull frog He says he never goes out without putting on 50 spf on his face when he gets in the car? Now, this guy was a resident for the "famous" dermy Dr. The only reason I got in was he was my friends dermy & I looked him up & he is rated the #1 dermy by the readers choice awards so I knew I was in good hands.

I can no longer use any fabric softeners, and have to switch to Tide free & clear. Gave me 2 perscriptions for itching and had to get a special lotion.

II got my $65 worth and when he finished I asked him if he wanted to go for a ride in my Mini convertible with the top down. Big resoundig NO!!

Keep a check on your holy moles this summer and don't forget the suncreen!! shaggy

Glad to hear there are no cancerous spots Shaggy.

We have a rate of skin cancer almost 4 times the rate of the US I believe, every day I see people with scars.

Here is the A, B, C, D check list and pictures for those people who may not know what they are looking for:

http://www.google.com.au/imgres?q=sk...:11,s:79,i:431

Comment

That was a very informative article about what to look for. Everyone should read/see it. shaggy

Comment

Thanks for that Carol, very interesting article. Shaggy, what a scare!! Glad everything is OK. Take care or yourself, and don't fool around where your health is concerned!
        Sue
        Perpetual Motion ~ Going Nowhere Fast!!

Comment

I just had a mole removed and a scaly patch on my face tested for cancer. Neither one was. I used to spend a lot of time on the beach as a kid. No one used sunscreen back then and I got burnt a few times. The Dr. told me that skin looked fabulous for someone who did that. I don't sit in the sun for more than a few minutes and haven't for many years. I always wear sunscreen. Don't want to look like a wrinkled prune like some of these people.
          Pat H

Comment

Shaggy, I'm glad everything turned out well. Make sure you use sunscreen while you are doing the "Sanibel Stoop"!

Dori

Comment

Hope you are feeling less itchy! Your advice is good...I get my skin checked every year, and inevitably something needs to be removed.

Comment

Oops, I was so busy telling my story that I forgot to add that I'm glad that your moles were nothing. Seems that moles and other things like that appear more as we grow older.
                Pat H

Comment

Originally posted by Pat H View Post
                  Oops, I was so busy telling my story that I forgot to add that I'm glad that your moles were nothing. Seems that moles and other things like that appear more as we grow older.
                  Yes, I think it's part of getting older. I sure don't remember them when I was growing up and I sure didn't have them like this 3yrs ago.

I got my sunscreen . Bullfrog Mosquito Coast but it's only 30. I have to buy some more .
                  The only thing that really ever burns is my lips, and boy that can be no fun. They swell
                  up like a baboon & then crack. Bought my lip block. shaggy

Comment

Shaggy I will always remember on the cruise ship when you were sitting in the sun and you said the reason you were there is because tanned fat looks better than white fat! LOL

Lynn

Comment

Originally posted by LynnW View Post
                      Shaggy I will always remember on the cruise ship when you were sitting in the sun and you said the reason you were there is because tanned fat looks better than white fat! LOL

Lynn
                      Still my motto!! I will be sure to use suncreen tho. shaggy

Comment

Glad to hear that you were cancer-free. I have a history of Basal cell carcinomas and it is really no fun getting them taken off. I usually wait until I have a few, to make it worthwhile. Last time the plastic surgeon decided to use me as a teaching event. At one point he was stitching up a site on one leg, a resident was stitching the other, and another resident was working on my back!

I have seen a similar article showing skin cancer types and have to say that mine never seem to fit the profiles. I have had white and waxy, red and scaly ......

Comment

I have hundreds of moles (both red and brown) and I get them checked every year by a dermatologist because my brother and 1 sister had melanoma. Last year when the derm checked them I didn't feel as if he did an adequate job. Kind of like he wasn't interested. When I go to my new PC doc in August, I'm going to ask him if he can recommend a dermatologist. By the way, Shaggy, you got a bargain. The tech in the derms office told me he charges $300 to remove skin tags and I only have 2. Needless to say, I passed on that one.
                          Kay H

Comment

I have heard from 2 sorcess sp , one Dr. OZ & 2 friends that if you will take thread or dental floss & tie it with a knot that the skin tags will fall off in a couple of days or so because it cuts off the blood circulation. This only works on the skin tags. My neighbor (whom I don't know anymore) went to a derm and he charged 75 a mole. The Dr who did mine said most will charge by the mole or tag but if they are nice they will do what mine did, a certain # of moles or however many you can do in so many minutes. Check around!! Shaggy

Comment

Working...
                            X