Got snow?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got snow?

Here in Central NJ, the weather channel has reported 13" in the next town (Freehold) so guess we got similar. November 7th!!
    Road conditions particularly ugly last night but fortunately DS made it home from work OK, although the 10 minute trip took 35 b/c of conditions and traffic.
    Lights flickered several times but did not lose power. I feel fortunate. Now to dig us out.......so DS can get back to work...

We have snow. Maybe 2 inches. Nonetheless, my daughter hit black ice and went into the median, almost into on-coming traffic. Someone got her out, but she reports her car is shaking badly.

Comment

CRAZY....

Was snowing when I left work but as I headed to eastern Long Island it turned to rain - no cable or phone but came back at 9:30pm.
      LIRR closed down by 4pm - how did all those people get home from NYC?
      Woke up this morning to hail

DH heading out to the west.....into the snow....sorry for those who got a foot of snow....
      Pat
      *** My Website ***

Comment

Originally posted by BWolf View Post
        We have snow. Maybe 2 inches. Nonetheless, my daughter hit black ice and went into the median, almost into on-coming traffic. Someone got her out, but she reports her car is shaking badly.
        Thank goodness she is alright, this is freakin' crazy!
        Pat
        *** My Website ***

Comment

Originally posted by GrayFal View Post
          Thank goodness she is alright, this is freakin' crazy!
          Yes, she is alright. They have an auto department where she works. They are looking at the car. Think the shaking may just be snow packed-in around the wheels.

Comment

I have around 4 inches of very heavy snow. It's scary because I have tree branches bent so far over that they're touching my house. Some of them are mine, and some are my neighbors. Very lucky that I never lost electricity!
            Angela

If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.

BTW, I'm still keeping track of how many times you annoy me.

Comment

Glad to hear that she is alright! The roads last night were terrible. The LIE was closed in both directions at my exit. Jericho Tnpk was also closed. My DH had a very difficult time getting home, especially with limited gas. Car was running on fumes.

Originally posted by BWolf View Post
              Yes, she is alright. They have an auto department where she works. They are looking at the car. Think the shaking may just be snow packed-in around the wheels.
              Angela

If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.

BTW, I'm still keeping track of how many times you annoy me.

Comment

Originally posted by ArtsieAng View Post
                Glad to hear that she is alright! The roads last night were terrible. The LIE was closed in both directions at my exit. Jericho Tnpk was also closed. My DH had a very difficult time getting home, especially with limited gas. Car was running on fumes.
                Glad DH made it.

Comment

Glad all are OK. We have about 7" here ~ windy but no power outages!!
                  Perpetual Motion ~ Going Nowhere Fast!!

Comment

OK here, no power outage and AT&T called to say they will be here today to fix the phone and DSL that went out during Sandy. I wonder if it was just a coincidence or my cancelling internet payment of the phone bill last night. I also wonder if they will even show up-they were supposed to be here Monday and didn't show.

Comment

Yesterday we had lots of rain, then snow, then rain again so there is very little snow on the ground. Looking forward to 60 degrees on Saturday.
                      Kay H

Comment

Would this be a bad time to say that it was almost 80 degrees and sunny here in California?

Don't shoot me cause they're forecasting some rain ...

Comment

Saw that on the Weather Channel today. You guys be careful out there - better to be a little late than a lot dead - or injured!

Comment

Originally posted by catwgirl View Post
                            Would this be a bad time to say that it was almost 80 degrees and sunny here in California?

I expect this kinda post from Chris, not you
                            Pat
                            *** My Website ***

Comment

Stay safe and warm all.

Comment

Working...
                              X