Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Keep my nephew and the Marine Corps in your prayers.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keep my nephew and the Marine Corps in your prayers.

When I saw the news of the mortar accident in Nevada, my heart just sank. My nephew is training there. I was terrified to call my sister not knowing if she had heard anything. My nephew called her at 4:00 AM and it took him several minutes to even get out that he was okay physically. Unfortunately, he witnessed it all and he's only 18. My heart goes out to all the families who will not get that call from their son or daughter. I know my nephew will probably never be the same emotionally. Please keep them all in your thoughts and prayers.

Here's the story http://www.14news.com/story/21694438...ills-7-marines
    Pat H
    Last edited by Pat H; 03-19-2013, 12:33 PM.
    Pat H

Oh Pat, My heart goes out to you and yours. I'm glad that you finally got the "OK" call. I know what you were going through, my Marine Son was in VA on 911. I waited breathlessly for the call that he was OK ~ but he was being sent to The Pentagon. We're just now hearing some of what he saw. My thoughts and prayers are with you all.
    Perpetual Motion ~ Going Nowhere Fast!!

Comment

Hugs to you sis and newphew.

Comment

Pat,

I am so sorry to hear this. Until recently, my niece was in the Marines. She did 5 tours in Iraq and when only 20-something years old, she had to I.D. the body of a Marine in her unit, and make the call to notify the parents. Way too young to go through something like that. I hope your nephew does okay. I am sure they will get some counseling, etc. What a tragedy.

Comment

I'll be thinking of you and your family. My heart goes out to this young man....I hope time heals him.

Comment

Oh how awful. Thank goodness he is safe. I hope he recovers from the traumatic experience, and that he seeks help if he needs it.
            Jacki

Comment

Oh Pat,
              How tragic. Thank goodness was an I'm ok call. That just meant physically. I he gets counselling if he needs it. I'll pray for all of you.
              Kay H

Comment

That accident was horrible. I am glad your nephew was not hurt. The Marines will give anyone involved help and support to all involved. The Red Cross will be there as well. My wife and family know how your sister felt. They felt that every time I was deployed and something happened in the area I was in.

Comment

ok then, were praying, hope it works out

Comment

I have been off the grid so hadn't even heard about it, I'm sorry he had to witness something so awful but glad he was not injured, or worse.

Comment

Comment

OMG Pat, I would not have a finger nail left. If I can get 2 visits in a row with out pain then that would help me mentally ready to get home.
                        bigfrank
                        Administrator
                        Last edited by bigfrank; 03-20-2013, 04:17 AM. Reason: mental,
                        Timeshareforums Shirts and Mugs on sale now! http://www.cafepress.com/ts4ms

Comment

Working...
                        X