Best 2013 rhododendron dates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best 2013 rhododendron dates

I've 16 - 20 June booked at Wyn. Smoky Mountains. An old navy buddy and wife were to enjoy togetherness, have backed out (family illnesses).
    Our oldest son expresses this well: WAA WAA WAA

We don't care to go alone and particularly if not full bloom days or at least very much colorful.

Does anyone know if they are in bloom now, or have a pretty good idea of when? Don't wish to make the trip just to see Dixie Stampede.

Anyone wanting to get in line for this place should we bail out, send me a personal message or an email.

Robert
    Robert

Getting no one in line makes me wonder if that is a bad timeframe, or maybe too crowded? I've noticed those resorts open for rental has been taken or at least the ads have been deleted.

We booked only 4 nights as I figured 'How much of Dolly do we want' (in our 70s) and really only want to view the rhododendron for an hour or so.

Anyway, doing this bump in case someone would really wish to get over there for a short stay. We will make the drive, but that is a long trip without our friends joining. That makes the difference.
    Robert

Comment

What are rhododendron's some type of bird or fish? Or is it one of the shows in that area?

sent from the bathroom using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Originally posted by Ridewithme38 View Post
        What are rhododendron's some type of bird or fish? Or is it one of the shows in that area?

sent from the bathroom using Tapatalk 2
        http://www.ncnatural.com/wildflwr/rhodo.html
        Robert

Comment

We're fixen to take the trip. Any TS4Ms members going to be there?
          Robert

Comment

Wyndham Smoky Mountains Tennessee

Originally posted by RESORT2ME View Post

I've 16 - 20 June booked at Wyn. Smoky Mountains.

We booked only 4 nights as I figured
            'How much of Dolly do we want' (in our 70s)
            and really only want to view the rhododendron
            for an hour or so.
            Q:

How was your Anniversary trip to Tenn
            Did you like your unit, was it refurbished

What did you think of Dollywood Park
            Were the rhododendron`s in full bloom

Comment

The Rhody's were not quite into blooming yet. The cold spring has delayed things. If anyone is interested, call the Roan Mountain State Park for when expected. I would think maybe by now. Remember they are 5000 ft up, so cooler then one might think.

We did Dixie Stampede. The entertainment was Ah-ok. The horse riding was good. I guess I was expecting a REAL Classy show. They attempted to be funny with jokes, a couple of races. After doing the same for three shows a day... High priced for what they gave.
              The chicken was dry, the brisket... a bit bigger than a postage stamp and a bit thicker. Tea was alright. Coffee watered down. They attempt to sell ya a flag and also expect tipping. Pretty disappointing.

BTW, we found nobody at the condo knew about rhododendron. Didn't even know it was a flower.

The Catawba Rhododendron grow mostly on bald mountain tops at higher elevations (above 5000') and spectacular displays can be viewed in late May to late June at Roan Mountain, 13 miles north of Bakersville, NC or at Craggy Gardens along the Blue Ridge Parkway north of Asheville.
              RESORT2ME
              Last edited by RESORT2ME; 07-05-2013, 12:22 AM.
              Robert

Comment

You've got a PM.

RCI Member Since 24-Aug-1989/150-plus Exchanges***THE TIMESHARE GRIM REAPER~~~Exchanging/Searching/SW Florida/MO/AR/IA/Consumer Advocacy/Estate Planning/Sports/Boating/Fishing/Golf/Lake-living/Retirement****Sometimes ya just gotta be a dick

Comment

Working...
                X