Anyone having a drought yet??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone having a drought yet??

I'm ready for a drought as having to mow 2x /week has gotten way old, I don't have time for it, especially with so few dry days in which to do it!

I just wondered if anyone was hurting for rain or if most were in the same "when will it stop?" situation.

Don't get me wrong, there has been sunshine this week, including right now, I'm just frustrated by the afternoon rains that kill my chances of evening mowing.

I'm pretty sure that had I planted a huge veggie garden that we would have been in drought for a month by now ....

We are. From what I hear this is the third year.
    Luanne

Comment

It rained here for a couple of days, and looks like it will rain again today. It's been so muggy and hot, it was bound to rain sooner or later.
      Jacki

Comment

Lot of rain, thunderstorms and heat. I'm going back out to mow now before it rains again. Oh we've also had 4 tornadoes so far this year in the state.

Comment

Originally posted by tonyg View Post
          Lot of rain, thunderstorms and heat. I'm going back out to mow now before it rains again. Oh we've also had 4 tornadoes so far this year in the state.
          CT seems a Very Odd place for tornadoes!!! Yikes, I hope people know what to do.

an F1 damaged our 'circus city' a few days ago but F1s are "the friendly ones", as tornadoes go.

Comment

No drought here.
            Rains every single day sometimes twice or three times.
            Rained all night. Actually stormed all night from around 2am til I woke up at 8am.
            Streets were flooded today when I went out at 10am so we can send you some rain if you'd like.

And I cannot believe you guys mow your own lawns.
            If you lived here you wouldn't do your own lawn.
            It's too hot here you'd die of heat stroke trying or get bit by fire ants if you insist.

Comment

The weather has just been plain weird

I spent two weeks in Paris at the end of June and people were wearing boots and winter jackets. Mid 50's low 60's with rain almost every day. They said they had not seen anything like it in a loooong time.
              Pat
              *** My Website ***

Comment

Last year we had a bad drought. I've never seen the river so low, broke all kinds of records, including one for the whole month of November -- the driest on record.

This year we're getting 30% more precipitation than average. We're surrounded by farm country, I like cloudy days and rain, plus my teenaged son does the mowing (for us and for anyone else he can get signed up), so we're good with the extra rain.

Comment

yup
                  RCI Member Since 24-Aug-1989/150-plus Exchanges***THE TIMESHARE GRIM REAPER~~~Exchanging/Searching/SW Florida/MO/AR/IA/Consumer Advocacy/Estate Planning/Sports/Boating/Fishing/Golf/Lake-living/Retirement****Sometimes ya just gotta be a dick

Comment

We typically don't get any rain at all from May to October and this year is no different. However we are in the second year of a drought as we had a dry winter with precipitation less than 50% of normal. It has been cooler than normal all year. Of course it is hard to say what is normal as it is just the average between the years.
                    John

Comment

Originally posted by BoardGirl View Post
                      I'm ready for a drought as having to mow 2x /week has gotten way old, I don't have time for it, especially with so few dry days in which to do it!

I just wondered if anyone was hurting for rain or if most were in the same "when will it stop?" situation.

Don't get me wrong, there has been sunshine this week, including right now, I'm just frustrated by the afternoon rains that kill my chances of evening mowing.

I'm pretty sure that had I planted a huge veggie garden that we would have been in drought for a month by now ....
                      Here in Nor Ca. we had our usual rain. Very little and nice sunny days. No lawn anymore so nothing to mow. Loving every minute of it.
                      Bart
                      I live to vacation and vacation to live.

Comment

Raining again this AM.

Comment

Sunny again this AM.

Comment

It has rain almost every week in Virginia this year

Comment

Originally posted by chriskre View Post
                              And I cannot believe you guys mow your own lawns.
                              If you lived here you wouldn't do your own lawn.
                              It's too hot here you'd die of heat stroke trying or get bit by fire ants if you insist.
                              Nah, I don't pay someone for stuff I can do myself. While it would be great to have a yard guy, it's good exercise and the money stays in my pocket. Sure, it can be hot sweaty work, but afterwards is cold beer time.

This week is 90s but not sure where humidity is going. Probably HIGH as we again have chance of thunderstorms every day. Sigh.

Spent most of weekend trying to chop down tall weeds and undesired trees, etc., for the many many-ieth time just this season. TOO MUCH ALREADY!! I can't keep up!

poor guy across the street is trying to sell his house so I'm trying to not scare buyers away with Jungle Land...

Comment

Working...
                              X