Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Amazon Prime delivery to your timeshare.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amazon Prime delivery to your timeshare.

Do we have any other Amazon Prime addicts here?

Just curious if any of you have had an Amazon Prime delivery to a resort.

On my Disney forum there are apparently quite a few Prime addicts getting deliveries of
    diapers, wipies, sunscreen, snacks and all sorts of stuff needed for a Disney trip.
    They say they never have a problem getting their deliveries.

This is a great idea if you forget your phone charger and need a cheap replacement.
    I already use my iphone to stream movies to the resort TV thru the prime app but
    never thought to use my prime to get stuff delivered to the resort.

I wonder if you can get wine delivered.

I Amazon Primed a foam mattress topper to Oak n Spruce a few weeks ago - the beds there are very hard! Of course once you unpack those things, it's really hard to pack them back up again, so hopefully the future occupants of that unit will reap the benefits

Comment

Well that was a good idea Glitter.
      I hate it when I get a bed that feels like a table.
      My mattress is soft so sleeping on a table takes away from the joy of the trip.

Comment

Originally posted by chriskre View Post
        Well that was a good idea Glitter.
        I hate it when I get a bed that feels like a table.
        My mattress is soft so sleeping on a table takes away from the joy of the trip.
        $80 for a King, delivered. Well worth it amortized over the length of our stay, especially since we stayed more than a week. It was more comfortable than the more expensive one we have at home, but we just weren't going to be able to get in the car! Of course this only works with a resort you know ahead of time has hard beds... but since that will usually keep me from going back, Amazon Prime is a great solution!

Comment

Somewhat off topic ........
          As a Canadian, many firms from the US won't deliver "way up here", so I occasionally have items shipped to a timeshare when I will be there. I try and order a few days ahead and have my arrival date as part of the address. Had it backfire spectacularly last year. Used the timeshare address from RCI including zip code. Turned out, the last 2 digits had been transposed. You can figure out the rest. To make matters worse, an item had been back-ordered - so there were 2 shipments. They arrived over a week after I had left. I had asked the resort to return them to the sender, and one of them never did make it back.
          Guess I won't be trying that again.

Comment

Originally posted by Glitter Brunello View Post
            $80 for a King, delivered. Well worth it amortized over the length of our stay, especially since we stayed more than a week. It was more comfortable than the more expensive one we have at home, but we just weren't going to be able to get in the car! Of course this only works with a resort you know ahead of time has hard beds... but since that will usually keep me from going back, Amazon Prime is a great solution!
            I guess when you break it down like that it makes total sense.

Originally posted by happymum View Post
            As a Canadian, many firms from the US won't deliver "way up here", so I occasionally have items shipped to a timeshare when I will be there. I try and order a few days ahead and have my arrival date as part of the address. Had it backfire spectacularly last year. Used the timeshare address from RCI including zip code. Turned out, the last 2 digits had been transposed. You can figure out the rest. To make matters worse, an item had been back-ordered - so there were 2 shipments. They arrived over a week after I had left. I had asked the resort to return them to the sender, and one of them never did make it back.
            Not off topic at all.
            What a nightmare.
            I thought Amazon had a Canadian marketplace.
            I know they have a European one.

Comment

You'd be better off having them shipped to a friend in the US, and then forwarded on, depending on the shipping cost

Comment

I wouldn't have ever thought about having Prime send stuff to me on vacation. Thanks for posting about it. It will come in handy sometime for sure.

Comment

Sorry, I should have clarified that the shipment wan't from Amazon, rather another retailer. Amazon does indeed have a Canadian marketplace and recently introduced Prime to Canada. Why Glitter - what a great suggestion!

Comment

Sorry, I should have clarified that the shipment wan't from Amazon, rather another retailer. Amazon does indeed have a Canadian marketplace and recently introduced Prime to Canada. Why Glitter - what a great suggestion!
                    Nothing bigger than a breadbox, please

Comment

Originally posted by Presley View Post
                      I wouldn't have ever thought about having Prime send stuff to me on vacation. Thanks for posting about it. It will come in handy sometime for sure.
                      Would love to take credit for the thread but saw it on Mouseowners and thought it would be interesting to talk about it here too.

Comment

Nothing bigger than a breadbox, please
                        What? You wont accept her new luggage

Comment

Now luggage would be a huge imposition. Surely no-one would ask that of a friend!

Comment

Originally posted by chriskre View Post
                            Just curious if any of you have had an Amazon Prime delivery to a resort.
                            I've done that with deliveries arriving just before or during my arrival - clothes, car parts, specialty food

As a Canadian, many firms from the US won't deliver "way up here", so I occasionally have items shipped to a timeshare when I will be there. I try and order a few days ahead and have my arrival date as part of the address.
                            I know exactly what you mean. Most of the time, I've had the item arrive a few days before my arrival. I call the resort ahead of time to let them know to expect it and they accept it on my behalf at the front desk. That way, I ask for it when I check-in.

You'd be better off having them shipped to a friend in the US, and then forwarded on, depending on the shipping cost
                            I've also done this as a gracious TS4Ms friend has done that for me. And it was larger than a bread box!

As a Canadian, many firms from the US won't deliver "way up here", so I occasionally have items shipped to a timeshare when I will be there. I try and order a few days ahead and have my arrival date as part of the address.
                            I've recently learned of a company that will accept packages on your behalf and reship them to you. They are based out of Oregon (no state tax). They offer a wide variety of services, and will provide you with a US based address. There is different inventory between Amazon.com and Amazon.ca so this US address will be handy. I was tossing around the idea of setting up a US-based RCI account so that way I can pay me exchange fees in US funds and not pay the outrageous currency-adjusted CDN exchange fees. I have a US $ account and would be waaay better off paying US fees.

Comment

happymum

I tried that and was told by RCI that I would have to reside at the address at least half the year. I would have to cancel my current account and switch everything over. I thought about trying again and hopefully getting a different person but I never did. I would like to know if anyone has been able to do this because I'm also tired of the outrageous fees they charge us. We are lucky at Meadow Lake as the owners are able to have things shipped to the UPS store in Columbia Falls and they will hold it for us. Of course that's only good when you're going there. I would like to hear more about the company in Oregon.

Lynn

Comment

Working...
                              X