Do other creatures enjoy a sunset, landscapes, etc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do other creatures enjoy a sunset, landscapes, etc

Our oldest son said, "Ever notice how humans can enjoy whats beautiful and other creatures don't. God wants us to enjoy his creation. Do other creatures enjoy a sunset, view of the cosmos at night, diving a reef, or do they just see the food moving before them?"

My response, " Never have I had those thoughts, but now that you mention it, I have to truly believe God had us in mind... or at least he made humans to better comprehend such things. Do other creatures ENJOY... I bet God knows."
    Robert

But what of blind humans?
    My dog loves the snow, and the sun, and the rain. And me.

Comment

A blind person may enjoy the warmth of the sun on his eyes but he cannot see it. I remember our dog and cats how much they loved the warmth of the sun. Cats could stay there for hours but our little dog would go in the shade after about 15 minutes. They all could see it but it was the heat of the rays that told them how to enjoy it.

Comment

Other creatures may not have the ability to wonder at a landscape or a sunset but they have the precious gift of living in the now.

This is one of my son's favorite quotes:

“Try to imagine a life without timekeeping. You probably can’t. You know the month, the year, the day of the week. There is a clock on your wall or the dashboard of your car. You have a schedule, a calendar, a time for dinner or a movie. Yet all around you, timekeeping is ignored. Birds are not late. A dog does not check its watch. Deer do not fret over passing birthdays. Man alone measures time. Man alone chimes the hour. And, because of this, man alone suffers a paralyzing fear that no other creature endures. A fear of time running out.”
        ― Mitch Albom, The Time Keeper
        Lawren
        ------------------------
        There are many wonderful places in the world, but one of my favourite places is on the back of my horse.
        - Rolf Kopfle

Comment

My dog showed delight at seeing an expanse of beach sand stretch before her, she ran snapping at the wind whilst dodging the waves at the waters edge. Occasionally there was a dead dolphin buried in the seaweed which was not for eating but for the sheer pleasure of rolling on, beauty is truly in the eye of the beholder.

Comment

Working...
          X