Embarrassing movie moment - Wolf of Wall Street

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Embarrassing movie moment - Wolf of Wall Street

Well, more like an embarrassing three hours. I went to see Wolf of Wall Street this weekend. With my Dad, DS19, and DS22.
    At one point my Dad leaned over to me and said: "I can't believe you let your children see this." He was sort of joking, but I told him I couldn't believe he let me watch it.

Has anyone seen it? I had to ask DS22 to explain one of the sex scenes to me

No, haven't seen it. I really hadn't planned to. And if you were embarrassed and needed your son to explain one of the sex scenes to you, I'd be totally lost.

I did however see American Hustle. Loved it!
    Luanne

Comment

Originally posted by Luanne View Post
      No, haven't seen it. I really hadn't planned to. And if you were embarrassed and needed your son to explain one of the sex scenes to you, I'd be totally lost.

I did however see American Hustle. Loved it!
      YES, I saw that and loved it!! I was actually surprised there wasn't more sex and drugs in that one, but Wolf of Wall Street certainly overcompensated in those departments. I almost never go to the movies, but this holiday season there have been quite a few I want to see. Still a few to go.

Comment

Now I'm totally curious about what happened in the sex scene and whether I would have needed an interpreter....

Comment

A friend of mine saw The Wolf of Wall Street. She said it was something her dh wanted to see. She didn't say anything about the sex scenes. Maybe she figured I wouldn't know what she was talking about.
          Luanne

Comment

Originally posted by Luanne View Post
            A friend of mine saw The Wolf of Wall Street. She said it was something her dh wanted to see. She didn't say anything about the sex scenes. Maybe she figured I wouldn't know what she was talking about.
            LOL! Maybe we need closed captions with descriptive text!

Comment

Sounds like a candidate for the steam room.

Comment

Haven't seen it yet but it got rave reviews from my 80 year old friend.
                He swears it's cause of the story behind the penny stock thingy. Yeah right.

Comment

Originally posted by wackymother View Post
                  Now I'm totally curious about what happened in the sex scene and whether I would have needed an interpreter....
                  Originally posted by wackymother View Post
                  LOL! Maybe we need closed captions with descriptive text!
                  Go see the movie and we'll talk, though it's too much even for the Steam Room. I was sorry I asked.

Comment

DD saw it. ( will be 21 next month)
                    I tried to ask about sex scenes but it was hard to narrow things down.
                    I asked if there were sex scenes that a parent might not understand (LOL) That didn't help either -however

I may have it narrowed down to a scene where a guy snorted coke --? If not gimme a clue please lol

Comment

Originally posted by chriskre View Post
                      Haven't seen it yet but it got rave reviews from my 80 year old friend.
                      He swears it's cause of the story behind the penny stock thingy. Yeah right.
                      It really is based on a true story. The people who were screwed by this guy (and I don't mean in a descriptive closed caption kind of way) are pretty pissed about him being glamorized in a movie.

Comment

so glitter, do you think my husband would stay awake through this movie?

Comment

I saw in the paper that some movie critic counted the number of f bombs at 506. My dad would have would have said something to me too.
                          Mike H
                          Wyndham Fairshare Plus Owners, Be cool and join the Wyndham/FairfieldHOA forum!

Comment

Originally posted by IreneLF View Post
                            DD saw it. ( will be 21 next month)
                            I tried to ask about sex scenes but it was hard to narrow things down.
                            I asked if there were sex scenes that a parent might not understand (LOL) That didn't help either -however

I may have it narrowed down to a scene where a guy snorted coke --? If not gimme a clue please lol
                            Yes, Irene, it's the coke scene, very early in the film. I mean it's "a" coke scene. I think there was more coke in that movie than sex.

Originally posted by rapmarks View Post
                            so glitter, do you think my husband would stay awake through this movie?
                            I don't think there was anyone sleeping in the theatre, and it was an older crowd in a LONG movie.

Originally posted by mshatty View Post
                            I saw in the paper that some movie critic counted the number of f bombs at 506. My dad would have would have said something to me too.
                            I am surprised the count is that low!

Comment

Originally posted by mshatty View Post
                              That would cast a damper on it for me. I don't mind sex, drugs, or some violence (go figure LOL) but I really don't like a lot of cursing for no reason. I also can't watch cruelty against people or animals, so I pretty much stick to romantic comedies. But I did want to see this film because it's set in NYC and on Long Island.
                              Jacki

Comment

Working...
                              X