Mother Natures Sick Sense of Humor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mother Natures Sick Sense of Humor

They may need to change the saying from "April showers bring May flowers" to "April snow makes flowers grow"

Two days ago we were sitting on a patio in 20 degree weather. Now it is -1 and there is snow on the ground!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After 2 days near 70f, today is rainy and in the 60's and dropping. Part of the state is under a flood watch and my part of the state is expecting rain changing to snow for late tonight. i usually have my snow peas planted by now, but the soil has been too frozen or too wet to turn over so far this month.

Comment

27 here, 74 there: 7:30 AM

Guessing what might be posted next, yesterday we had snow on the dogwoods.
      RCI Member Since 24-Aug-1989/150-plus Exchanges***THE TIMESHARE GRIM REAPER~~~Exchanging/Searching/SW Florida/MO/AR/IA/Consumer Advocacy/Estate Planning/Sports/Boating/Fishing/Golf/Lake-living/Retirement****Sometimes ya just gotta be a dick

Comment

The original occupants here in the Northern Sierra Mountains of California have a saying that winter is not over until it snows on the Dogwoods. The trees are in full bloom and there is not a snowflake in sight. The temperatures have been in the 70s lately and I'm thinking about planting my tomatoes this week. The ground is usually too cold until after Mother's Day. My challenge will be how to collect enough grey water to keep them alive. We are on 50% rationing.
        The legitimate object of Government is to do for a community of people whatever they need to have done but cannot do at all or cannot do so well for themselves”- Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by gandalf252002 View Post
          Two days ago we were sitting on a patio in 20 degree weather.
          Really???!!!
          RCI Member Since 24-Aug-1989/150-plus Exchanges***THE TIMESHARE GRIM REAPER~~~Exchanging/Searching/SW Florida/MO/AR/IA/Consumer Advocacy/Estate Planning/Sports/Boating/Fishing/Golf/Lake-living/Retirement****Sometimes ya just gotta be a dick

Comment

20C (68F) would be pretty pleasant.
            The legitimate object of Government is to do for a community of people whatever they need to have done but cannot do at all or cannot do so well for themselves”- Lincoln

Comment

Its been pretty nice in Central WA. We have cold nights and luke warm days this time of year. I heard on the news that the weather is still bad on the entire east coast.

Comment

Sunday it was in the mid 70s here. Today we have 3" of snow on our deck. I had a feeling this would happen as soon as we emptied the gas out of the snowblower but fortunately it did not stick to the warm driveway. What a winter!!

Comment

Originally posted by barndweller View Post
                  20C (68F) would be pretty pleasant.
                  Not to mention playing with the level of intelligence on the Internet.

Comment

and i thought this winter was only a western NY thing

Comment

Wednesday last week, we were at 70 degrees. This morning, I had to get up early to snow blow 9 inches of snow from the driveway. Forecast is for 70 early next week.

Rule locally is to plant potatoes at Easter. Hope the snow will have melted by then.
                      Don

Comment

It's in the 80's here.
                        Pretty predictable here though.

Comment

3 days ago I am in my yard loving my Cigar in a T shirt and shorts, Next day it is snow and ice on the ground.
                          Timeshareforums Shirts and Mugs on sale now! http://www.cafepress.com/ts4ms

Comment

Working...
                          X