Sedona Slide Fire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sedona Slide Fire

Scheduled for Sedona ck-in on June 1st. My brother is slated to come down 89A from Bryce Canyon.

I know from the news alerts, all bad stuff is north and east from Sedona. We are wondering about first hand testimony on breathing conditions from Lake Powell all the way southward through Grand Canyon to Sedona.
    He is on oxygen already. Caroll (DW) also has a bad respiratory system. No one cares to smell burned forest alone have ash and/or smoke to breath.

Anyone there now? Please reply negative or positive.

Robert
    Robert

On the Diamond resorts website there is a warning about air quality being affected by the fire. Contact the resort you are staying at and see what they suggest.

Comment

I talked with resort person. They claimed the burned-wood could be smelled, but had no smoke.

I have learned my brother is having oxygen delivered to the Sedona resort, so we are not cancelling till the day prior to our ck-in date to see if better accommodations become available.

Nancy at Wyndham VIP services could not find anything in AZ for the week of 1 - 8 June. Worldmark (South Mountain) had a 2BR for 1st thru 5th, but couldn't tell me 1st floor or 2nd. No elevator.

RCI CLAIMED THEY HAD NOTHING IN AZ.

So, for now Wyndham Sedona is it. We have Tucson week starting the 8th.
      Robert

Comment

Sedona ~ Slide Fire ~ Wildfire Smoke and Your Health

Sedona Arizona ~ News and Updates

http://www.sedonaaz.gov/Sedonacms/index.aspx

Comment

www.coconino.az.gov/emergency

Be sure to register your cell phone number for updates

Coconino County is reminding people to register
          their cell phone number with the County’s
          CodeRED emergency notification system at

www.coconino.az.gov/emergency.

Only those residents whose numbers are registered
          will receive a direct phone call about any type of
          pre or mandatory evacuation order

Comment

No smoke, but this morning burned wood smell is in the air. In air conditioned spaces, all is fine.

Don't forget your repellent if your are coming here. The "no see ums" were aggravating... Olde Sedona Bar & Grill... outdoor dining. Ribeye steak (26) and the BBQ ribs (25) were outstanding. Mixed 'sampler platter' was OK. The Paella was not. (18 ea)
            Robert

Comment

Working...
            X