No announcement yet.

This is my first GoPro video. Time Lapse of Sunset and Moon setting in STT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What a nice toy and what you can do with it all. Can you explain how you did this and is it safe for the camera?

I went on the company's website and still do not understand it all but look what I just saw that someone uploaded about surfing. Unbelievable! I hope that it hasn't been replaced. No roaring sound either that should be there but who knows what you hear when you do this.

http://gopro.com/channel

Comment

Love it! What a fun toy, and fantastic video! Weren't you afraid you'd damage the camera by attaching it to the kite? Sounds daring! Lol
      Angela

If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.

BTW, I'm still keeping track of how many times you annoy me.

Comment

Looks like good times Billy. I like the kite idea.

Bill

Comment

Originally posted by iconnections View Post
          What a nice toy and what you can do with it all. Can you explain how you did this and is it safe for the camera?

I went on the company's website and still do not understand it all but look what I just saw that someone uploaded about surfing. Unbelievable! I hope that it hasn't been replaced. No roaring sound either that should be there but who knows what you hear when you do this.

http://gopro.com/channel
          The camera is designed as an action camera. Small, compact, and can be adapted to mount and attach to all sorts of surfaces or other devices. The camera out of the box is supplied with a waterproof case that is also compact. So I just attached a wrist strap to the waterproof case, and looped the wrist strap to the bottom end of the kite.

Since the camera is so small, compact and lightweight the kite was able to fly with the camera dangling in the breeze. I set the camera in motion before I launched the kite.
          Flying at MACH4 +

Comment

Originally posted by ArtsieAng View Post
            Love it! What a fun toy, and fantastic video! Weren't you afraid you'd damage the camera by attaching it to the kite? Sounds daring! Lol
            I have had this kite since 1985. Bought it from a small vendor while visiting Block Island on a small summer vacation. It is made of rip stop nylon and is easy to launch and fly. I always fly on a beach where there is plenty of steady wind, and no trees.

Was I nervous about letting a $500 camera dangle in the wind on a $25 kite, that I bought 29 years ago. Maybe just a bit. But I know the behavior of the kite, and I had already up in the wind for about 15 minutes before i attached the camera.
            Flying at MACH4 +

Comment

Thanks, Bill. I am looking forward to see your next video clip of the snorkeling and what kind of fish they are plus from the kiting experience too.

Where exactly is that beach and is it close to where you live?

Comment

Working...
              X