No announcement yet.

New car shopping...argh...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I started looking for a new car in January 2017 and finally bought one in August 2017 from the salesman and dealership that told the least lies. Interesting that I could have spent $ 500 less at one dealership that said they couldn't get the car I wanted and another had no problem finding one.

Comment

I have started looking as well, both my leases are up in Oct and thinking just 1 real rice car rather than 2, The Tesla suv is the one my son wants me to get. I will not have to buy gas at all
      Timeshareforums Shirts and Mugs on sale now! http://www.cafepress.com/ts4ms

Comment

I guess I have too many vehicles. My boss said I have to get rid of one to get another. She is using the timeshare buying rule on me. The problem is I like what I have and each one has its own use. My suv is for pulling the boat and has enough room for all the gear. I can sleep in it if I need to. My plow is can attach to the suv. My pick up truck is old but very handy for hauling or pulling a huge trailer. It has a Cummins. My Other truck is a luxury Ridgeline which we use to go to friends and general outings. Then there is the Jeep JK which I use to make me smile. Its my toy kind of like the KLR 650.

I sold the snowmobiles. Now I want to justify selling the sleds to buy an old DTS. Maybe a 2011. I still see these with under 40,000 miles when ever I look.

Comment

Originally posted by easyrider View Post
          I guess I have too many vehicles. My boss said I have to get rid of one to get another. She is using the timeshare buying rule on me. The problem is I like what I have and each one has its own use. My suv is for pulling the boat and has enough room for all the gear. I can sleep in it if I need to. My plow is can attach to the suv. My pick up truck is old but very handy for hauling or pulling a huge trailer. It has a Cummins. My Other truck is a luxury Ridgeline. Then there is the Jeep JK which I use to make me smile. Its my toy kind of like the KLR 650.

I sold the snowmobiles. Now I want to justify selling the sleds to buy an old DTS. Maybe a 2011. I still see these with under 40,000 miles when ever I look.
          LOL, just like timeshares!
          Jacki

Comment

Originally posted by jackio View Post
            LOL, just like timeshares!
            Yup !!!! Seems like it.

Comment

We just ALMOST bought a used car last week. We went through an absolutely horrible, demeaning sales process--we should have walked out. But we wanted the car, and the price we ended up with was okay. So the next day, we were just like, let's grit our teeth, get the car, and go. We go in to pay the rest and give them our trade-in and pick up the new car--and the manager comes over and says, "There's been an accident. We pulled the car out for you to take, and our snow plow backed into it. The car has some front-end damage." I was both furious and ecstatic that now we could walk away!

Comment

Originally posted by wackymother View Post
                We just ALMOST bought a used car last week. We went through an absolutely horrible, demeaning sales process--we should have walked out. But we wanted the car, and the price we ended up with was okay. So the next day, we were just like, let's grit our teeth, get the car, and go. We go in to pay the rest and give them our trade-in and pick up the new car--and the manager comes over and says, "There's been an accident. We pulled the car out for you to take, and our snow plow backed into it. The car has some front-end damage." I was both furious and ecstatic that now we could walk away!
                Why could they not upgrade your car free of charge. Any decent dealer would have, Also did you see the car before you bought it, Wondering if the dealer knew it was hit before you bought it
                Timeshareforums Shirts and Mugs on sale now! http://www.cafepress.com/ts4ms

Comment

Originally posted by bigfrank View Post
                  Why could they not upgrade your car free of charge. Any decent dealer would have, Also did you see the car before you bought it, Wondering if the dealer knew it was hit before you bought it
                  It was a used car, and it was not a decent dealer. They did not have any comparable but better cars.

Yes, we saw the car before we bought it, we test-drove it, and we sent it to our mechanics for inspection. So we knew there was no damage up to at least the afternoon of the day we were supposed to pick it up.

The manager offered us $500 off for the damaged car and by that time I was so annoyed that I just kept saying, "NO! NO! NO! We're canceling!" We would have had to go through the whole rigamarole of sending it back to the mechanics and getting it checked again, and the difference between a car that has been in an accident and a car that has not been in an accident is a lot more than $500. Ugh, so annoying.

Comment

Maybe it was not meant to be....
                    Jacki

Comment

Originally posted by wackymother View Post
                      This happen to us. I watched the guy rub the door jamb on the building with a Cadillac that we were going to buy. This was after I test drove it and fell in love with this Caddy. The passenger fender was pushed into the door. I wanted the Caddy and my wife wanted the Infinity. We ended up with the Infinity. The Infinity was nice but it was way smaller than the Caddy. Way faster too. I could not believe what happened that day.

Comment

Originally posted by jackio View Post
                        Maybe it was not meant to be....
                        Our mechanic, Brian Shanahan, was the one who had inspected the car for us. My DH called him today to ask him about something else and to tell him that we had not bought that car after all, and he told him the whole story (including how aggravated I had been and how I was happy to have an excuse to back out of the deal). Brian laughed and said, "It's the luck of the Irish!"

Comment

Originally posted by easyrider View Post
                          This happen to us. I watched the guy rub the door jamb on the building with a Cadillac that we were going to buy. This was after I test drove it and fell in love with this Caddy. The passenger fender was pushed into the door. I wanted the Caddy and my wife wanted the Infinity. We ended up with the Infinity. The Infinity was nice but it was way smaller than the Caddy. Way faster too. I could not believe what happened that day.
                          I wonder if this is why car dealers are so eager to get you out the door with the car you just bought. Actually we never had a dealer who was as eager as this one to send us on our way....

Comment

I'm looking to buy a new car and I'd really love it to be something sporty. I've always enjoyed the thrill of driving, and a sports car's performance and sleek design are exactly what I want. It should be fast, stylish, and provide an exhilarating driving experience.

I recently read an interesting article about what makes an exotic car truly exotic. It talked about the unique design, advanced technology, and high performance that set these cars apart. This got me thinking about how a sports car would fulfill my desire for something exciting and unique on the road. For anyone curious about what defines an exotic car, check out this article: SPAM REMOVED
                            bjpascoal
                            Last edited by bjpascoal; 07-08-2024, 05:59 AM.

Comment

Working...
                            X