X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The very first CD you owned

Rubber Soul - The Beatles

Do you remember yours?

JFYI I am still awed by fax machines. I still have 100s of vinyl LPs. I remember 7 TV channels in NYC and you had to get up from your chair to change the channels.

This was my first purchase on a single CD player.
    lawren2
    Malibu Beach Barbie & A Super Moderator
    Last edited by lawren2; 11-21-2012, 02:29 PM.
    Lawren
    ------------------------
    There are many wonderful places in the world, but one of my favourite places is on the back of my horse.
    - Rolf Kopfle

I think it was either "Funky Divas" (En Vogue) or a recording of the 1812 Overture that featured "digital cannons".
    “Maybe you shouldn't dress like that.”

“This is a blouse and skirt. I don't know what you're talking about.”

“You shouldn't wear that body.”

Comment

...digital cannons...

I always loved the Central Park concert at the end of summer. Always Tchaikovsky
      Lawren
      ------------------------
      There are many wonderful places in the world, but one of my favourite places is on the back of my horse.
      - Rolf Kopfle

Comment

I'm guessing it earned 8 or 9 %.

RCI Member Since 24-Aug-1989/150-plus Exchanges***THE TIMESHARE GRIM REAPER~~~Exchanging/Searching/SW Florida/MO/AR/IA/Consumer Advocacy/Estate Planning/Sports/Boating/Fishing/Golf/Lake-living/Retirement****Sometimes ya just gotta be a dick

Comment

Wow, I was a cassete guy until about 88 or 89 but the year I bought my first cd player it wasn't compatable with my German made Marantz amp. That was a problem. My truck came with a cd player and I bought a bunch of cds. The one played the most was Guns n Roses for sure.

Bill

Comment

Anyone wanna listen to my 8-tracks?

Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young . . . Rolling Stones . . . Beatles . . . The Cowsills . . . Sha Na Na . . . The 5th Dimension . . . Lynyrd Skynyrd . . . KISS . . . Temptations . . . Peter, Paul and Mary . . . Mamas and the Papas . . . Barry Manilow . . . The Who . . . Wilson Pickett . . . John Denver . . . Eagles . . . The Nitty Gritty Dirt Band . . . Herb Alpert and the Tijuana Brass . . . Wishbone Ash . . . Jimi Hendrix . . . Alice Cooper . . . Janis Joplin . . . Rita Coolidge . . . Doors . . . The Graduate Sound Track
            RCI Member Since 24-Aug-1989/150-plus Exchanges***THE TIMESHARE GRIM REAPER~~~Exchanging/Searching/SW Florida/MO/AR/IA/Consumer Advocacy/Estate Planning/Sports/Boating/Fishing/Golf/Lake-living/Retirement****Sometimes ya just gotta be a dick

Comment

Wow ~ I still have lots of cassettes ~ and records too, (even 8 tracks in the attic! ) I remember Black &White only TV, 5 or 6 channels, and getting up to change channels. Anyone remember vice grips on the channel changer switch, (after the knob wore out )?? My first CD though, was of course Billy.
              Perpetual Motion ~ Going Nowhere Fast!!

Comment

WHAT ELSE WOULD A JERSEY GIRL ANSWER???? BRUCE - Born in the USA

And I remember saving my babysitting money and walking to the Mall to buy my first album - Tapestry!

Still two of my favorites - the more things change the more they stay the same

Maria

Comment

I lived in England when I bought my first singles and I still have them in a box. I don't remember who they were from but I was a Frank Sinatra and Harry Belafonte fan and Latin American music plus I bought the most popular songs that I liked in that time period.

I bought a record player many years ago that supposedly could play old records to the computer but the sound was so scratchy that I gave up quickly. I had played them too many times.

Comment

The Police - Synchronicity

Comment

Are we talking CD or Vinyl?
                      Timeshareforums Shirts and Mugs on sale now! http://www.cafepress.com/ts4ms

Comment

Originally posted by bigfrank View Post
                        Are we talking CD or Vinyl?
                        The first vinyl album I owned was Disraeli Gears.

The first vinyl album I purchased was a recording of Sir Laurence Olivier reading Dickens' "A Christmas Carol". I bought that as a Christmas present for my parents when I was about ten years old.

Comment

The first vinyl LP I owned was The Monkees back when I was about 8 years old. I can't remember the first CD I ever bought but it may have been Mariah Carey's All I Want For Christmas is You.
                          Since I have XM radio I never listen to CDs anymore, and I use the music channels on the cable tv - classic rock mostly.
                          Jacki

Comment

Originally posted by jackio View Post
                            The first vinyl LP I owned was The Monkees back when I was about 8 years old. I can't remember the first CD I ever bought but it may have been Mariah Carey's All I Want For Christmas is You.
                            Since I have XM radio I never listen to CDs anymore, and I use the music channels on the cable tv - classic rock mostly.
                            A spring chicken, you are. Mariah Carey hadn't even been born when I bought my first album.

Comment

First LP- Buddy Holly & the crickets. Have no idea what the first cd was, but it was 1985 or 1986 when I got my Fisher system or maybe a little before.

Comment

Working...
                              X