No announcement yet.

The very first CD you owned

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now that I think about it, although we were poor and I didn't spend my pennies on stuff like this, I did have this LP:

http://www.google.com/imgres?um=1&hl...9,r:0,s:0,i:90

Strange . . . now I know his son and daughter-in-law well and see them frequently when I'm up north . . . and he lives right here, out on the beach.
    RCI Member Since 24-Aug-1989/150-plus Exchanges***THE TIMESHARE GRIM REAPER~~~Exchanging/Searching/SW Florida/MO/AR/IA/Consumer Advocacy/Estate Planning/Sports/Boating/Fishing/Golf/Lake-living/Retirement****Sometimes ya just gotta be a dick

Comment

Not to take the thread off topic, but the Thanksgiving song-if there is one- is Arlo Guthrie's Alice's Restaurant. He was on CBS this morning explaining what the real Alice's restaurant was and how they are having a community Thanksgiving dinner there today. If I didn't have plans, I might have taken the 20 mile ride and joined in. I think I'll crank up the old Fisher and put that Arlo Guthrie cd on right now.

Comment

You can get anything you want . . .

Happy Thanksgiving, or, as I am calling it here, Thursday.

RCI Member Since 24-Aug-1989/150-plus Exchanges***THE TIMESHARE GRIM REAPER~~~Exchanging/Searching/SW Florida/MO/AR/IA/Consumer Advocacy/Estate Planning/Sports/Boating/Fishing/Golf/Lake-living/Retirement****Sometimes ya just gotta be a dick

Comment

My first CD was Toys in the Attic - Aerosmith. Since I already had it on cassette it was one for the car and one for the apartment.

My first vinyl LP was The Rolling Stones - England's Newest Hit Makers. followed closely by Meet The Beatles. I didn't even own a record player - I had to take them over to a friends house to play them on his dads player (when dad was not home of course)
          Rick

"You've got as much time to get outta Dodge as it takes to saddle up"
          Matt Dillon

Comment

The first CD I bought to go with the new Sony player was No Jacket Required by Phil Collins.
            Scott

Comment

My first was Surfer Girl by the Beach Boys.

Comment

very first.....I think when CD's came out, I joined Columbia House and got a bunch...Which ones though...I know I had a Grateful Dead in there, a Doors, Chicago and U2 for sure.....

Comment

Might have been Led Zepplin-the box set.

Comment

Originally posted by tonyg View Post
                    Might have been Led Zepplin-the box set.
                    And mine was Physical Graffiti. The CD is long gone, but I've still got the album

Comment

Working...
                    X