cooking for 50 people

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cooking for 50 people

Does anyone have a dinner plan for 50 + people ? I know hamburgers, hotdogs, costco lasanga, pizza, pulled pork, hog in a hole, tacos, enchalads and the likes.

Thanks

Bill

Pasta and sauce. Maybe meatballs sausage and other meats included. Hey, I thought you were on a diet--are you trying to gain weight ?

Comment

Taco Salad, Bacon wrapped dated, backed brie with raspberry topping, Pizza off the BBQ. Baby back ribs.
      Timeshareforums Shirts and Mugs on sale now! http://www.cafepress.com/ts4ms

Comment

Originally posted by easyrider View Post
        Does anyone have a dinner plan for 50 + people ?

Thanks

Bill
        Go dude-food . Spit-roasted meat (whole lamb?), roasted or baked potatoes and big bowls of greens/salads. Whip out your new vitamix 5200 and puree it for those 50+ who have lost their teeth.

http://greekfood.about.com/od/lambki...b_christou.htm

Comment

Roast a whole pig, plus salads and sides and finish with smores.

Comment

All good ideas everyone , imo. My roasted pig takes about 12 - 16 hours if I put the hog in the ground. Its alot of work, imo. The pizza in the bbq seems like its easy. Whats the dealio with that bbq pizza ?

Im thinking of bringing the vitamix. It makes really tasty cocktails. Lamb and other meats seems kind of spendy unless I go shoot something. In years past I would bbq salmon but I haven't been out yet. Salmon is easy on the bbq.

Comment

i am concerned with feeding 14 people over one weeks time. I couldn't handle 50

Comment

We do a few large parties a year - I actually think it is easier to feed the masses instead of a small dinner party!
                Here are a couple of ideas....
                1. Clam Boil, Chowder, Corn on the cob and watermellon. You will need a few large pots and probably an outdoor burner (if you have a turkey fryer, you probably already have the burner) Easy as the clam boil all gets thrown in the pots to cook until it is ready to be served. Gives you time to mix/mingle with guest.
                2. Soup, Sandwich and Salad bar. We make 2-3 different types of soups, get the sandwiches from Subway (comes with the fixings) and make a couple huge bowls of salad. Add some potato chips and your done.
                3. Desert idea: Ice Cream Sundae bar. Hit for adults and kids. Use the round vegtable/dips trays for toppings.

Comment

what I am trying to figure out is how to fit enough food for at least the weekend in my refrigerator/freezer. I can't run to the store every day, it is quite a drive. 14 people from Fridy night til tuesday, then down to 8 for the rest of the week

Comment

Originally posted by easyrider View Post
                    All good ideas everyone , imo. My roasted pig takes about 12 - 16 hours if I put the hog in the ground. Its alot of work, imo. The pizza in the bbq seems like its easy. Whats the dealio with that bbq pizza ?

Very easy and a few ways of doing it. If you have 2 pizza stones it is like a brick oven. Trick is to heat the stones about 30 min prior. You want them to be about 600 degrees. so you can get a pie done in a jiffy. I make caramelized onions that add a sweetness to the pies and you can that a few days before hand. I also some times make a BBQ/Buffalo pizza, eggplant pizza. squash onion pie, Basil fresh mozzerrela pie, Garlic pie, roasted pepper and the onions pie. If you do not have the stone they can be made right on the grates and it comes out just as good but a little tricky getting used to.
                    To make it easy buy 4 dough's from a pizza shop and cut them in half or thirds if you want to make them even smaller
                    Timeshareforums Shirts and Mugs on sale now! http://www.cafepress.com/ts4ms

Comment

Originally posted by rapmarks View Post
                      what I am trying to figure out is how to fit enough food for at least the weekend in my refrigerator/freezer. I can't run to the store every day, it is quite a drive. 14 people from Fridy night til tuesday, then down to 8 for the rest of the week
                      We feed 20-25 on the 4th of July each year. We have a second freezer in the garage and also use 3 large ice chests that we have. Usually before or after the 4th we are down to 9-12 people. We make a ton of extra food so every day isn't just cooking, cooking, cooking.
                      Bart
                      I live to vacation and vacation to live.

Comment

Working...
                      X