700.000 people in downtown Seattle for the Seahawks victory parade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 700.000 people in downtown Seattle for the Seahawks victory parade

Seattle PD estimates the crowd in downtown Seattle for the victory parade going on right now at 700,000 people. And there are still people arriving since the parade is probably going to go on for another couple of hours. My son tried to go; he couldn't make it because public transit is completely overwhelmed.

Looking the number of other people I saw giving up as we trying to find a way for him to get downtown, I can easily imagine that another 100,000 people simply gave up as my son did.
    “Maybe you shouldn't dress like that.”

“This is a blouse and skirt. I don't know what you're talking about.”

“You shouldn't wear that body.”

Oh boy.
    I hope they don't collapse into the Underground city.

Comment

They were supposed to reach Century Link field at 1:30, but the streets are so crowded that the procession is behind schedule. This is going to spill over in to the afternoon commute; if not the activities themselves it will be people trying to get back home.
      “Maybe you shouldn't dress like that.”

“This is a blouse and skirt. I don't know what you're talking about.”

“You shouldn't wear that body.”

Comment

amazing.
        Lawren
        ------------------------
        There are many wonderful places in the world, but one of my favourite places is on the back of my horse.
        - Rolf Kopfle

Comment

Looking at the video clips on TV and the WEB I can verify that yes, it was amazing. And yes, there were a hell of a lot of people there. And what was even more amazing: I heard of no reports of any damage, vandalism, destruction by any of the folks there to celebrate. What a great all-around event for a great team and a great all-around city. Makes me proud to live in the Northwest!

Comment

Working...
          X