• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• World Cup....

Anyone watching.. ?.great game

Originally posted by Ireland's Call View Post
    Anyone watching.. ?.great game
    I have watched most of the games, especially the US and Mexican games. Belgium definitely outplayed the US and the score would have been a lot more one sided if it wasn't for the awesome job by the US goalie. Of course I wanted the US to win it all and if not the US then Mexico. So now I don't have a favorite with both of them out of it now.
    John

Comment

Can you belive Italy is out but the US is in and there couch said they were not winning at the start
      Timeshareforums Shirts and Mugs on sale now! http://www.cafepress.com/ts4ms

Comment

Some one told me that the USA is out. idk as I don't follow soccer. If were out where did we place ?

Comment

They finishd in last 16...a suberb performance . Unlike the World Series in baseball ...this competition is truly a world one with hundreds of countries taking part.
          And best goalkeeper by far
          G

Comment

Originally posted by easyrider View Post
            Some one told me that the USA is out. idk as I don't follow soccer. If were out where did we place ?
            The US advanced from the round robin group play to advance to the knockout round. Belgium beat them yesterday in the knockout round so they are all done.
            John

Comment

Originally posted by Ireland's Call View Post
              They finishd in last 16...a suberb performance . Unlike the World Series in baseball ...this competition is truly a world one with hundreds of countries taking part.
              And best goalkeeper by far
              G
              The Mexican goalie Guillermo Ochoa is very good and was voted the best goalie in the World Cup. It was great timing for him because he will be a free agent and is guaranteed to get a lot of money.

Our son is the head coach of the men's soccer program at one of the California State Universities.
              John

Comment

No wonder you enjoy soccer John.

When I grew up it was hockey or football. No one played soccer. As a result I only like to watch football and hockey. If poker is a sport then I like to watch that as well.

Comment

Originally posted by easyrider View Post
                  No wonder you enjoy soccer John.

When I grew up it was hockey or football. No one played soccer. As a result I only like to watch football and hockey. If poker is a sport then I like to watch that as well.
                  I am a hockey, football, baseball, and basketball fan. My favorite sport is hockey as I played it for 25 years starting when i was very young in Western Canada playing on lakes and outdoor rinks. I also played baseball.

Actually baseball was our son's number 1 sport. He played professional baseball but had to give it up due to injury. He was All American in both soccer and baseball in college. He also played baseball in Mexico and was on the Mexican All star team that played in the International tournaments in 1993 and 1994.
                  John

Comment

Yes, the US goalie did a great job. I read that his record during the game is the best so far in these games.

Comment

I just can not get this song out of my head

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLZUKqpXYzU
                      Timeshareforums Shirts and Mugs on sale now! http://www.cafepress.com/ts4ms

Comment

Working...
                      X