• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Record highs for Melbourne.

BBC News - Melbourne suffers hottest night as Australia swelters

Huh, that is a normal summer for us.

Comment

Hi all
      Yes we have had the hottest day I have ever got through 46.5 c in the shade at 2 in the after noon if chiskre sayes its normal in there part of the world they live in tell me where you live we will not go there we live west of Melbourne Australia.
      Birds was dropping out the trees around the house we would go spray the garden hose on them if they were not dead just to revive them poor things

Comment

Originally posted by chriskre View Post
        Huh, that is a normal summer for us.
        That is why I won't go to FL for the summer break, only the spring break. I am used to the Minnesota weather. It should be 50-65 at night, and 75 in the day to be comfortable summer. The 85-95 temps are too hot, day or night.
        Don

Comment

Watching the BBC last night they were talking about this record high in Australia being 93 degrees Fahrenheit. Heck that is a normal summer day in eastern North Carolina. We don't get concerned until it gets into three digits. And anyway, they also said last night that this ''heat wave'' was over.

Comment

Hi all again
            I will just tell you now the tempreture in the day was a lot hotter than your 93 degrees carolinian more like 116 degrees fahrenheit mid afternoon and at night it was about 90 degrees fahrenheit at midnight

Comment

Originally posted by Carolinian
              Watching the BBC last night they were talking about this record high in Australia being 93 degrees Fahrenheit.
              Temperatures cool overnight here and 93oF is a high overnight temperature. As Chubby said, it was 46.5 C (115.7 degrees Fahrenheit) in the shade, that is a hot daytime temperature for Australia.

Comment

Perhaps for the first time in my life, I'm glad I'm not there.

The US life style in winter is walk briskly from a heated car to a heated house/mall/office etc and be amazed that you can survive such sub zero temperatures.

In Summer similar, just substitute AC.

While I respect everyone for their timeshare knowledge 116F in the shade without a beer can be brutal.
                Mark B.

Comment

Originally posted by chubby
                  Hi all again
                  I will just tell you now the tempreture in the day was a lot hotter than your 93 degrees carolinian more like 116 degrees fahrenheit mid afternoon and at night it was about 90 degrees fahrenheit at midnight
                  Well I'm glad I'm not in Melbourne then. That's crazy weather.
                  We were there for 2yrs and loved it but am thankful it never got that hot.
                  Syd

Comment

Working...
                  X