No announcement yet.

Interchange Vacation Club Special levy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hi, i havn't had the time to follow any of this up any further, has any one else spoken to or put in a complaint to consumer affairs or ACCC? it would be interesting to see what they think about it all!! if any one has it would be great to let us know how you went as may be we need to band together and do something about it. one to help ourselves and 2 to stop them from doing this to others in the future.

Comment

One of the IVC 6000

Hi guys,

I was contacted last night with the sales pitch...have sent each of you a message to discuss further by email or else just on here if you prefer. I just joined T.F. today after a Google search on IVC and this thread showed up. As I noticed one person here was contacted way back in early 2010 and I was just last night, they must be working their way through the 6,000 IVC members.

Why are they looking for thousands more when they say they have taken IVC over, something smells a bit off with all this.

mac

Comment

A bit of number crunching or 'the devil you know'!

Just added up the numbers and I really can't justify changing over from IVC to Classic due to the numbers not adding up in our favour...

Classic Charges and fees:

1. Membership/maintenance $155 per year
        2. Week during school holidays @ 20,000 points x 2.85cents per point = $570
        3. $7,500 to change over (we lose our week and this amount after 20 years), equivalent to a loss of $380pa ($7,500 over 20 yrs) + 5% interest x $7,500 = $375. So this totals $755 pa

All up this equates to: $155+$570+$755=$1480 and the first 2 figures will rise each year or two as will IVC's so that is not a valid argument to say IVC's fees will rise without saying Classic's will as well.

I am paying $1065 at the moment for IVC and it would cost me $1480pa with Classic...so I think it might be prudent to stay with them and I have another 71 years to go, not just 20 as I would with Classic.

The figures above would be slightly different if you elected to go lifetime with Classic and the thought just came to me, could we sell this week any easier than we can with IVC...I somehow doubt it!

Comments?

macman

Comment

david

hi
          just found this forum. I just been offered similar deal have not known who to get help from. My offer ended last monday unless i paid a deposit, heavy tactic.Unhappy ivc member

Comment

I could not do any thing but pay the unaware bill. The ATO said could not help me. The Classic could not help me either.
            Very bad deal.

Comment

Working...
            X